• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Trouble Sleeping

Even though I am sleepy, I've noticed that I'm having trouble falling asleep lately, then hard to wake up. It seems to be a combination of racing thoughts and muscle activity (maybe due to weight loss?) almost like restless leg syndrome. Is this normal? I've continued to go through all the normal "processes" I've done for years in order to wind down each night, including finally stopping the crazy working-mommy-catch-up-on-all-things in the evening and sit down to relax at least an hour before bed. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Just a thought, I have trouble sleeping on an empty stomach. Something light like a few crackers and milk seems to help me.

cheers

Tell me it's time to sleep and I'm out like a light, but I still wake up in the middle of the night, several times. I did have some trouble the first month or so falling asleep. Hopefully as you get more used to your new life, you will be able to fall asleep more easily.

Frank

:cool:

I'm still struggling some... I'm cutting out the Mio Energy drink flavoring liquid that I've been using to perk me up a bit... that helps some, but not completely. I'm now having some nights that I fall asleep fast, and others that I still lie awake for over an hour or more.

Back