• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Ummm...kinda personal

mergatroid

Surgery is tomorrow. No shaving in the operational field. What EXACTLY does that mean, armpits, bikini area, legs?:rolleyes:

mainly your belly. Good luck tomorrow. I just came come Sunday night. Doing ok. I'll be thinking of you. Praying everything goes well. Carla

Hi Mergatroid. They mean the bikini area, legs and tummy. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Let us know how you are doing when you feel better. :cool: Tom

Hi, it didn't go well at all. My left lung collapsed, kidneys didn't work after surgery, had tacha cadia. probably do to the lung thing. Found out them putting a chest tube in, was the worst pain I have ever had in my LIFE. I am so black and blue, across my belly and back and top of my hands and in the bend of my elbows. Oh, in 6 days the had to restart my IV 12 times. They finally put it in the meaty part under my thumb. That place seemed to stay open. I really think I made the worse decision of my life. I'm tired of the diet. I walk but not as much as I'd like. I have to get checked out my a lung dr. to make sure there is no more Blebs in my lung that is going to blow. I hope your surgery went well today. Looking forward to talking to you soon.

BambaBaby
hi how are you feeling today?Thursday?? you sure had to go through alot , I hope you have help and support while you're healing.
The IV"S are horrible as you experienced,I too had several,now that I look back I think because I had such a little intake of fluids that is why they had such a hard time getting blood ,I came home with blood clots in both my legs and other health issues, but happy to say on my road to recovery.
rest when you can and know that things will get better, we've all experienced some hazy days while recovering but once you see the results of all your hard work, it wil make you smile.
praying for you to heal
Donna

Back