• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Vertigo

jab

Hi, I had my surgery in 09 and lost l05lbs. I have since been experiencing vertigo type systems. I have been to the Drs. and everything has checked out okay. It starts in my eyes like I have a hard time focusing and then I get a little dizzy most times I can still function but when it gets bad I need to rest and in and hour it seems to pass. This is my only problem I have had a good experience with this and I'm so grateful to have my life back.

Hi JAB, Welcome. I have not heard that symptome before, if all your vitamine levels check and nutrition is good, that would leave me puzzled too:confused:. Have you checked into non WLS things like inner ear problems that is the only other thing I can think of that wopuld cause vertigo or balance problems. I am so happy everything else is going good, I had my surgery in 2010 and all is well, I am very happy and wouldn't change a thing. :cool: Tom

Hi Tom, Thank you for your reply but I have had all of the testing done and my vitamin levels are all in check so this has my drs. puzzled also. I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem with dizziness. I'm glad that you are doing well after your surgery. It feels great to be free doesn't it?

Jab-Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your weight loss!!!

I have had vertigo for over 15 years and it can be annoying. The good thing is that it only comes around every once in a while but the bad thing is that it can hang around for months but usually only lasts a couple of weeks. I don't have any symptoms with my eyes. Mine usually happens when I lay down, 10 or 15 seconds later the room starts spinning and I feel dizzy. I take a med called antivert, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If you continue to have the symptoms you might want to discuss medication. Until you can get a handle on things don't put yourself in a situation where you can injure yourself. Stay off of ladders and use handrails on stairs. You never know when you might get a dizzy spell and fall over so please be careful.

Pat99

Thanks Pat for the advice I do take med. antivert and the dr. put me on topamax because he think what I describe are mini migraines. I never got them before my bypass and was wondering if anybody else got headaches. I hope you get some re leaf I know what you go through they are not fun.

Back