• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Very confused!

sofi

Hi, I know I'm not the first one to express confusion. But I really feel confuse. I had surgery on 2-28-12 and I feel lost.

Hi sofi, Welcome to the forum. You are not alone, do you have family support to help you out? I remeber having all kinds of mixed emotions, I felt remorse for having the surgery, I felt like no one understood what I was going through, and some times I just felt sad for no reason. The body goes through a lot of changes after surgery, it is a major deal and it takes us time to adjust. Make sure that you go to local support groups whenever you can, that way you can have face to face conversations with other people going trough the same things you are going through, I still go once a month to mine, I would go more but two of the meetings are an hour away. In between meeting make sure you come back to the forum, it is a great support group and everyone hear is willing to help and share how they are doing and what they are going through. Hang in there :cool: Tom

Hi sofi and welcome to the forum. I had my surgery just one day before you did. I had a rough patch for the first 2 weeks and right now I'm having a slightly difficult time eating soft foods. What seems to be causing the confusion you are having? Are you feeling physical discomfort or perhaps feeling stressed out? It's pretty normal to be emotional after such a major surgery. We are all here for you so don't be bashful about asking questions.

Back