• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Vitamins!

Diane has been very thorough in researching and investigating her journey of bariatric surgery. She has a wealth of self education, including working with a university as a test subject. She may not be a Dr./physician but I would listen to her advice and seek out a bariatric dietician/nutritionist. Diane has good common sense and thinks about things before she posts.

Bariatric vitamins are supposedly made to absorb more quickly and in larger amounts. Quite honestly, I have no interest in becoming a vitamin expert or taking multiple doses of multiple vitamins multiple times per day. I don't research antibiotics when my doctor prescribes them to me, same deal here. As long as my bloodwork comes back okay, I'll assume my bariatric vitamins and my diet are working.

Hector, if you don't like the taste of your vitamins, crushed them and eat them with food. Which you should also do with capsules, if that's what they decide to give you.

Bariatric vitamins are supposedly made to absorb more quickly and in larger amounts. Quite honestly, I have no interest in becoming a vitamin expert or taking multiple doses of multiple vitamins multiple times per day. I don't research antibiotics when my doctor prescribes them to me, same deal here. As long as my bloodwork comes back okay, I'll assume my bariatric vitamins and my diet are working.

Hector, if you don't like the taste of your vitamins, crushed them and eat them with food. Which you should also do with capsules, if that's what they decide to give you.
Will do Missy.

I was given the Bariatric Advantage capsules also and was unable to swallow them. I tried to open them and add them to applesauce and yogurt but it was really horrible. I tried their chews too and spit some out but they caused bad pain in my stomach. Now I have Bariatric Fusion Soft Chews with iron. They're very do-able. I would rather follow my care team's recommendations but if you can't, you just can't.

Back