• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Waiting for date...

Deni

Well, I am waiting for the Dr. to give me a date for surgery. I love to travel and am a
Travel Partner...I like sending folks on SCUBA diving trips and do lots of crusis.
Working with animals is another thing I do for fun and profit. Hoping that after surgery I will have more confidence and enjoy this things even more. I send a lot of people diving all around the world but have not gone myself in the last several years due to weight. (My choice.)

Hi Deni, Welcome. It sounds like you have a fun job, I took a cruise a few years ago, soooo much food 24/7 and all the wine and mixed drinks a person could handle:eek:. I think I gained 20 lbs and swelled my liver up, it was a blast but it took me a month to recover:rolleyes:. It was fun but no mare cruises for me, except maybe Alaska:confused:. Congratulations on you descision, it has been a wonderful journey for me. :cool: Tom

How womderful, and how sucessful you have been. Cruising is a challenge, but I know after all you have done a cruise will be a piece of cake...lol

Wow, how are you doing? I see you just had surgery. Tell me how's it going? Is it what you expected. Please keep me posted on how you are doing. I am courius as to when you feel like being yourself.

Hi Deni,

Cruises are so much fun. I went on a 5 day cruise to Cozumel and Progresso, it was great and I actually lost weight on the cruise. We had planned on going this year but that isn't going to happen now, so maybe next year.

Tom-You will love Alaska. I have been on 2 cruises and Alaska was my favorite by far. The other cruise was to the Carribean. It was an OK cruise but it was way too hot for me (what was I thinking). I had the most wonderful time of my life on the Alaska cruise!!! There was so much to see and do that I barely had time to sleep. There was a point on the cruise where we were passing a spot where you could see a volcano. The captain announced on the PA system that this was this first time ever that the volcano was actually visable from the ship. Usually the conditions are overcast and you can't see it. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience.

Back