• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Well Oct 22 is surgery day at last

I am scared and excited and getting the rest of pretesting and doctor visits andmaking sure my sleep study is okay on the 1st of Oct.

Darkpoeticangel-A big congratulations on getting your surgery date :) I'll bet you feel relieved, happy, excited, worried, apprehensive, nervous, etc. Hang on tight for that emotional rollercoaster ride you're about to take. Even if you have sleep apnea it won't interfere with your surgery. I have obstructive sleep apnea and have used a CPAP for almost 10 years (I think), it's no big deal. The time will fly by between now and the big day. Spend some of it organizing your house to make things convenient for you so when you return home you will have everything within easy reach. Catch up on the laundry if needed so you have all your sheets and towels clean and ready. Make a couple of the family favorites and stick them in the freezer. Buy some books and magazines. Spend a night or 2 out on the town or make a long weekend of it to unwind and enjoy yourself, you deserve it :) :) :)

Hi DPA, Congratulations on your surgery date, time will fly by, I don't have anything to add that Pat hasn't already said, so hang in there and come bace and vent or chat whenever you start feeling anxious and apprehensive, we can be your sounding board, we are all here to support each other. :cool: Tom

Congratulations. My surgery date is on the same day, and I have about the same amount of weight to lose. We should keep in touch. Good Luck.

Congrats on your surgery date! Mine is the week after. Excitement and apprehension prevail! I bet this week goes fast for you. Wishing you all the best!

HOPE you are doing well as I wish BarbaraJ both having surgery today, YAHOO!! By now today you are done and overwith it and on your way to a great Journey!! Let us know how you are doing, how it went and anything we should know. My surgery is not til Dec 3 but get excited for you guys who are going before me. What are you having done, bypass, verticle sleeve or ?
Know that we are thinking of you today!

Back