• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

what do I need to take to the hospitl?????

donnayork

Hows everyone doing? Here I am with more questions. Really and truely what do I need to take with meto the hospital? Do I need a robe,Pj"s,house shoes,a good book? I know I have to take my cpap machine but the nurse told me not to bring anything else since I will be in the step down unit for 24 hours after the surgery then moved to a room for the next 24 hours. I really want to have my phone so I can text with friends and family. Will I have time to read or even feel like it? My dr wants me up and walking within 4 hours of going to the step down unit so I truely dont know what I should take. If I take my own pj's will I even be aloud to put them on? Would feel better if I could, at a loss on weather to take things or not any advise from anyone. Getting excited and nervous but know this is the beginning of my new life and I cant wait.
take care
Donna

Yes, bring a book to read and your phone. Otherwise you will get bored out of your mind. You won't need much else, though if you have good slippers, they can't hurt. Get up and walk as often as possible, as it helps with the recovery process and helps release the gas that is pumped into you for the surgery. The PJs are not going to be a good idea, you probably won't be able to use them, but the robe is a good idea. Good luck with your surgery, I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

Frank

:cool:

Less is more.

Good luck

A comb, a tube of toothpaste and toothbrush, a change of underwear and a happy Spartan smile.

Last edited:
Thank you both so much. Don't know what I would do if I didn't have people on here to ask questions too. Thank you

I took books pencils paper and hair brush lol and cpap machine. I did not use anything but the machine was out of it most of the time. Good luck. Don't take a lot, you will be medicated so, Its up to you.

i took my computer, phone, and a book............my robe slippers and comfy pjs.........(which i wore home)......I did use my phone and computer most, the book made my eyes so tired haha! I walked a lot, so i also texted up and down the hallways....actually made me walk longer....and not be nosey in everyone elses business.....!

GOOD LUCK.....I am 4 days out and loving it!

Angee

Thank you, Angee. Been on my preop diet three days now. Doing ok on it. Going to go get me some new pj's just for the hospital. Don't think I will take my computer but most def my phone. Hope I do as well as you. Keep me posted hearing how well your doing keeps me hopeful I will do the same.
Donna

Back