• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Who else is in the holiday spirit?!

I LOVE Christmas decorations, but as usually my grumpy hubby doesn’t want to decorate until after Thanksgiving. I always decorate the basement the weekend before Thanksgiving though LOL I am listening to Christmas music, he can’t stop that :D
Omg I don’t know what I would do if mine had an issue with it lol! I guess I should be thankful he doesn’t! He told me the other day that he loves how happy and excited I get around the holidays. Made me want to cry cause he’s so sweet! His mom passed when he was only 16 and she loved Christmas so I think he appreciates it that much more.

Lesa, it look so pretty and festive! I love your "days to Christmas" snowman!

I love Christmas decorations too but I hate to give up fall decorations until the day after Thanksgiving, then all bets are off in our house and the season is on. (No judgement from me though for those who like to decorate early as I like to keep mine up late - or at least until Jan 6th.)

I have started my Christmas shopping though and caught myself singing along to Christmas music in the stores!! :D

My husband and I use to do this humungous Dicken's Christmas Village with trains under our tree and beyond into the living room. But I can't get down on my knees anymore after knee replacements so we no longer do it. Instead I take some of the buildings and put them on shelves. Not as much fun but it still looks pretty. Maybe I will post some pics when I am done.

Lesa, it look so pretty and festive! I love your "days to Christmas" snowman!

I love Christmas decorations too but I hate to give up fall decorations until the day after Thanksgiving, then all bets are off in our house and the season is on. (No judgement from me though for those who like to decorate early as I like to keep mine up late - or at least until Jan 6th.)

I have started my Christmas shopping though and caught myself singing along to Christmas music in the stores!! :D

My husband and I use to do this humungous Dicken's Christmas Village with trains under our tree and beyond into the living room. But I can't get down on my knees anymore after knee replacements so we no longer do it. Instead I take some of the buildings and put them on shelves. Not as much fun but it still looks pretty. Maybe I will post some pics when I am done.
Thank you! That sounds like a winter wonderland over at your house with what y’all used to do! I love the village AND train ideas :) would love to see pics of how you have it set up now.

OMG! I love it. I love Christmas and go all out. Bedrooms, bathrooms; I even have Christmas toilet paper and a roll that plays "We wish you a Merry Christmas" when you pull lol I decorate both inside and outside but I have not started yet. I have a LOT going on right now, but plan on doing some decorating this week, as my husband took off to help me. It will take me at least a week, since I even swap out all my art and knick knacks on the walls/shelves.

OMG! I love it. I love Christmas and go all out. Bedrooms, bathrooms; I even have Christmas toilet paper and a roll that plays "We wish you a Merry Christmas" when you pull lol I decorate both inside and outside but I have not started yet. I have a LOT going on right now, but plan on doing some decorating this week, as my husband took off to help me. It will take me at least a week, since I even swap out all my art and knick knacks on the walls/shelves.
You will have to share some pictures Missy! I don't do as much as I use to, but still enjoy what I do.

Before Halloween?!? That is impressive. My aunt and I have a Christmas competition of who's stuff goes up first and is bigger/better lol I always lose the tree but win the bigger/better (which really means tacky lol) I can't put it up too early because the house has to stay "Christmas Clean" once everything is up and ain't nobody got time for that! Right now, mostly everything is up inside and I'm doing the outside today.

WOW love all the Christmas decorations. I am one of the people who hate Christmas. I did do Christmas when my kids were at home but now they live so far away I do not do anything for Christmas. I have my sister bugging me to come to Christmas this year for 1 hour. I don't think I will but I did say I will think about. I do not do well with large groups of people other than my work.

Send some love for Christmas this way. LOL

On Friday my house got decorated (team effort between my husband, kids, and me), and on Saturday my sister and nephews helped my kids and I decorate my moms house. She was out of town, so she walked into a Christmas paradise when she got home! She’s was very thankful it was done. She’s 80 years old and works 5 days a week as a home nurse for a lady not much older than her.

Well I didn’t put my tree up yet maybe tomorrow. I ve been too worried lately. Im getting my Covid booster shot today and later on this afternoon I’m getting a MRI . Next week I’m seeing a urologist because Im having urinating problems. Fun times
Hope things go well with you with the MRI & urologist. I'm so glad you can get your booster shot. Mine was no problem, no side effects other than mild soreness at the injection spot. And the peace of mind it has given us is priceless! Good luck, Bill. BTW I sure miss your funny posts.

Back