• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Who else is in the holiday spirit?!

Well, decorating is great, unless you have to do it all by yourself. So I'm decorating the gifts I'm giving to my son, his partner and my best friend and his wife.

Attachments

• IMG_20211210_134825694.jpg
    IMG_20211210_134825694.jpg
    669.7 KB · Views: 35
Our room at the restaurant is confirmed for the 26th. That is exciting. Merry Boxing Day. Technically most of the people I spend Christmas with are not blood family, but my best friends for the last thirty years. They are my family, with that in mind.

The orthopedic reported on Monday the pain I feel in the hip is a bursitis sac ( there are several in the hip area) and to sit with ice packs under my but. It helps. Don’t need shots yet.

I did get about half of Christmas wrapped on Tuesday, I normally go for gift bags but this year is wrapping paper and tape. I even bought ribbon, bows and gift tags while grocery shopping this week. Told husband that tomorrow is wrapping day hopefully I will finish.

On the mending I am working on a two piece swimsuit from several years ago that the elastic has given out on. I normally use a crochet hook to draw the elastic through but not working this time. Tried small safety pin it kept popping open. I found some big hole plastic yarn needles that may save the day while grocery shopping.

Husband and I have had a different opinion about my 40 year old steam iron for pressing stuff. I love my iron, the cord has some age to it. But the cord is reversible from side to side. He says it is a fire hazard. He told me it is not my Christmas present, He bought me a new iron on Tuesday after his echo cardio gram. I love that he did it…….I admit I am an unmentionable but hole. I went online and found my iron on eBay for 8.99. 1/2 what his cost until you add the shipping costs. Then they cost about the same. I love on my 40 year old iron the definitive temps for different fabrics, low temps for the gentler fabrics and hotter for those not so gentle fabrics. It lists which ones you can steam which ones you don’t stream. The eBay iron arrived today I went and plugged it in tested the heat on it, it works.

Yesterday husband got a call from dr. They said the echo test is saying his heart valve is regurgitating. That they may have to replace his heart valve they repaired. He is seriously concerned. As am I. They are going to do more tests but we are going to wait till after the holidays. He is still looking for a replacement heart dr since the local one never even met him and forced him to have an unnecessary dialysis port for a cath view of his heart. Before sending him to St. Louis to Barnes hospital where they were astounded on the poor quality of tests that were done to my husband here. Well that is my update for now. Be fun and be safe.

Ps got booster covid shot on Thursday for me.

Days of Christmas past... In our younger days we use to build a Dicken's Village under our tree and beyond as the village grew. These pics are from the last few years we put the village up in it's entirety. It took years to accumulate a village this size. Many were Christmas gifts and some were splurges that we bought ourselves. Hubby did the hard work: the layout, trains, tunnel, lighting, placement of the buildings all crawling under the tree to do it. Then I join in placing the trees, fences, people and finishing touches of fallen snow, etc. It was a lot of fun but not doable for us any longer (at least not under the tree and not to this big of a scale). We could take over our dining room table, but then someone else will have to host Christmas dinner as I only have one table!

Days of Christmas past... In our younger days we use to build a Dicken's Village under our tree and beyond as the village grew. These pics are from the last few years we put the village up in it's entirety. It took years to accumulate a village this size. Many were Christmas gifts and some were splurges that we bought ourselves. Hubby did the hard work: the layout, trains, tunnel, lighting, placement of the buildings all crawling under the tree to do it. Then I join in placing the trees, fences, people and finishing touches of fallen snow, etc. It was a lot of fun but not doable for us any longer (at least not under the tree and not to this big of a scale). We could take over our dining room table, but then someone else will have to host Christmas dinner as I only have one table!
My mom had a Christmas village she used to put up. It took her weeks to set it up. I wish I had a picture to share with you. It was very elaborate. She collected for years. Your village brought back a lot of memories.

The local dr/hospital messed all the pre surgery tests up but then St. Louis Barnes repeated all the tests he got locally in October. Then St Louis Barnes REPAIRED his valve 10 days before my surgery. The deal is that they are talking REPLACING it now. But first we need a cardiologist that is not local. He has never met the “local heart Dr.” He has only seen the nurse practitioner.

Today I got the last purchased present wrapped, but I still need to think of something for my son who custom requests his gifts. Then something for his current lady companion. I am told she is not his girlfriend.

I also worked on replacing elastic in swimsuit bottom (think I need to replace the elastic in bottom edge of swimsuit top too) and in a skirt. It is very tight fit on the elastic in both so it doesn’t move well. My thumbnail is so tender that I put it away for the night. I broke one safety pin in the skirt while threading the elastic. Good news is that I had two safety pins pulling the elastic. I can do this. I have one more skirt that needs new elastic I might wait a week or two before tackling that one. Crazy way to have clothes. Time to go play and have some fun.

Last edited:
My mom had a Christmas village she used to put up. It took her weeks to set it up. I wish I had a picture to share with you. It was very elaborate. She collected for years. Your village brought back a lot of memories.
Oh I wish you had a picture too, would have loved to see it. My dad use to do villages under the tree back in the 50s only the houses were a sturdy type of cardboard, now they are back in style I have noticed!

Back