• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

WOOT WOOT today is a day of a BIG Milestone.....

Well I am 4 months out(this includes the pre-surgical diet) and I have hit a milestone, I am down 101 pounds as of 9:45 am this morning..

I am in a bit of shock, in a great way that is...

My follow up went very well and my surgeon wants me to up my daily caloric intake to 1000 calories a day. I need to work on that one, LOL. He said to add an addition protein shake to my routine so now I am having my regular diet + 2 protein shakes and an additional serving of carbs...

Wow!

Down 101 pounds already!

Fantastic!

Ok, now we are neck and neck here. I am now 222.2

Only kidding.

This is not a race between friends on the forum.

This is a shared positive experience. I have been doing 1200 calories a day. It sounds like you were on 800 calories a day up to now to help get you down more quickly. Well you have done it!

I am now losing about 6 pounds a month. That is fine for me. Another 4 months and I am under 200, which for me is the end of goal setting. The body will figure out where it finally lands as a final weight; probably somewhere between 180 and 200.

Even if I didn't lose another pound after today, I have had so many positive accomplishments that I am happy where I am at. I still can see some fat all over so I know more will come off.

Ralph

Wow!

Down 101 pounds already!

Fantastic!

Ok, now we are neck and neck here. I am now 222.2

Only kidding.

This is not a race between friends on the forum.

This is a shared positive experience. I have been doing 1200 calories a day. It sounds like you were on 800 calories a day up to now to help get you down more quickly. Well you have done it!

I am now losing about 6 pounds a month. That is fine for me. Another 4 months and I am under 200, which for me is the end of goal setting. The body will figure out where it finally lands as a final weight; probably somewhere between 180 and 200.

Even if I didn't lose another pound after today, I have had so many positive accomplishments that I am happy where I am at. I still can see some fat all over so I know more will come off.

Ralph

LOL friendly competition can be fun....:)

My surgeon told me yesterday he wants me at 1000 calories per day. I explained I am having some issues upping my intake. I will have to work at getting my numbers up..

I get hiccups when I am approaching the to much for my pouch to handle. I am guess I will have to add like 1/4 of an ounce at a time in order to get my intake up to his goal...

Ny NUT added an extra serving of complex carbs such as black beans and such as well a the protein shake, which brought me up to 725 calories a day, which I had to work up to getting in. Now I have to add an additional shake + another 225 calories to get in... Oh well I do love a challenge, :)

congrats on your weight loss. i can only hope that when i have surgery i do as well as you.
i've been trying to loss weight and my friends feel that i am.
i don't even know my current weight since i haven't be to any appointments yet. still waiting for cc to call with appointments.
again, great work on your weight loss.

Great job!! Keep up the excellent work. I can't begin to imagine taking in that many calories I am having so much trouble getting in 60 to 80 protein lol. Sometimes I have to go back to the broths because I have been having problems keeping some things down. I still throw up a few times a week!! I am still learning how to blend up good tasting protein shakes. My taste buds have changed since surgery. Proud of you.

Great job!! Keep up the excellent work. I can't begin to imagine taking in that many calories I am having so much trouble getting in 60 to 80 protein lol. Sometimes I have to go back to the broths because I have been having problems keeping some things down. I still throw up a few times a week!! I am still learning how to blend up good tasting protein shakes. My taste buds have changed since surgery. Proud of you.

Sorry your still having the up-chucks... Not fun or pleasant..

I went through the same in the very beginning.

Like you my taste buds changes a whole lot.... LOL my husband was commenting on the Wednesday, LOL. He told some friends it has been like pregnancy cravings in reverse, LOL..

Well I am 4 months out(this includes the pre-surgical diet) and I have hit a milestone, I am down 101 pounds as of 9:45 am this morning..

I am in a bit of shock, in a great way that is...

My follow up went very well and my surgeon wants me to up my daily caloric intake to 1000 calories a day. I need to work on that one, LOL. He said to add an addition protein shake to my routine so now I am having my regular diet + 2 protein shakes and an additional serving of carbs...

Did you celebrate is so how? I for one celebrated the 100 mark with new cloths just one set but it was so nice. I took pictures in my old larger size and had a happy dance. When I hit one-derland I bought dress cloths and made the hubby take me out. We had a blast. Celebrate every achievement :)

Oh my goodness. I'm so excired what you have already accomplished before surgery!! Keep up the excellent work and awesome attitude!!;)

To Tillie and StinkerBelle, I can relate to the change in tastebuds, sometimes it ;seems mine change hourly ! Did you ever cook something you really used to love and have to throw it out? I do quite often.Tillie, sorry about the upchucking. I still do once in a great while when I eat too fast. Well ladies, we are moving in the right direction and it is worth it all. Good luck to both of you;)

Back