• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

yoga

Kim M

So I took my first yoga class in 10 years. I used to practice in my 20's and 40's. So my knees are not as good as they were back then. I had a great teacher who helped modify some positions. I am really looking forward to my next class. Felt some pain the next day in places that have not been stretched in a while, but it felt good. I need something to help with stress and I really enjoy the meditation at the end. Does anyone else practice? I know there is sitting yoga for those who cannot get on the floor. Highly recommend. I still am walking mostly outside, but you can work up a sweat with yoga as well. Just passing it on as another option for physical activity.

I'm starting a yoga class tomorrow. I have almost Zero flexibility, so I need it. Looking forward to it. It's been a very long time since I tried yoga. Enjoyed it then, but for some reason, never continued.

:cool:

You guys inspire me!

I have flirted with yoga in the past and enjoyed it, even while I was frustrated because my weight kept me from being able to do the poses correctly. Child's Pose is something I always wanted to be able to do but my belly prevented it. I'll have to check around and see who I can find for a teacher. They're pretty few and far between in this area.

Last edited:
I had my first yoga class today. A lot harder than it looks, and everyone could tell I have no flexibility. Oh well, that's why I'm going.

:cool:

Okay everyone. I too want to do yoga again, Its relaxing makes you flexable. So I think its time to go for it. Glad to see there are more interested.

Back