• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 Questions!

Dreamz64

While wandering and searching through Walmart trying to decide which protein shakes to purchase, I had a little old lady tell me to get the vanilla and then buy sugar free candy flavorings to the vanilla. Has anyone tried this? Ive had a hard time finding sugar free flavorings on the internet, but I do have this HUGE container or narley Vanilla here that I have to somehow use up. ( I am doing my pre op prep)

I was also wondering if anyone else had to be scoped before their surgery. I was surprised when my doctor told me that, and then forgot to ask him if it was something that would be done immediately before my surgery, or if if was going to be a separate procedure. He said they do it with all of their patients prior to surgery, and I understood the reasons why, but forgot to ask when they do it.

Thanks so much for all of the help everyone provides on this site!! You are all amazing and I am so glad that I found you!

Kelly

No exact date has been set yet, but mid July is what the Doctor is telling me. He said it could be sooner, and it could be later.. I want it done yesterday! I am so ready for this exciting new journey in my life!

The diabetic candies have alcohol based sweeteners not the best thing. Fresh unsweetened fruit is my choice. Torani sugar free syrups are a good second choice but if your protein drink is already sweet it may be too much, goes good with plain nonfat Greek yogurt though. Walmart is Okay, Walmart online is better. Costco is my favorite. But sample first.
Doctors love people with insurance if you are a livewire they all love too pile on.

cheers

If you want to read more threads about protein shakes and where to get them just type it into the search and you'll get plenty.

They will no doubt do the scope before surgery because it requires special equipment and they usually do it in an endoscopy lab where it is readily available. It is pretty specialized and the regular operating rooms don't have it available. Besides, he wants to check for things before surgery just in case you need some extra treatment. I can identify with wanting everything done yesterday as I am very impatient. The wait will be worth it and your date will be here before you know it. Good luck. Joy
P.S. I too prefer the fresh fruit, bananas and strawberries are my favorite. Have never done any of the syrups. Unjury protein shakes are always good and you can get a sample package just to try them.

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful advice and suggestions. I ran to the grocery store tonight and grabbed some strawberries and black raspberries. Im hoping tomorrows breakfast shake will be much yummier!!

WoooooooooooWhoooooooo! I added some berries to my ever so nasty shake and it was actually pretty good. I also made sure that I used extremely cold water, which I dont think I did yesterday! :rolleyes: Duhh is me! I think tomorrow I will try peaches! Thank you all so much for your suggestions.

I can tell that with this website, along with my Dr. that I am going to be a HUGE looser, making me so much healthier!!! :cool:

You can purchase Da Vinci and Torani sugar free syrups and 63 varities of Capella UNSWEETENED flavor drops on line at netrition.com at the best prices around. This site is a great place to find supplements and a host of other things that are helpful to weight loss and healthy living. You can even buy bulk herbal teas and spices at a great price, some are even organic. Check out their pricing on protein bars. Complete nutritional information is also available on most products.

http://www26.netrition.com/cgi/product_categories_display.cgi?categories=VLC,FLAV

Thank you much Pat! I am taking notes and adding bookmarks like a crazy lady. Thanks to this group, I may possibly be the most prepared patient ever by the time my surgery rolls around! :eek:

Hi Dreamz64,

My surgeon said that they had to do a scope to be sure there wasn't fatty tissue around my liver on the day of the surgery. He warned me that if I wasn't losing weight going into surgery, there would most likely be too much fat around the liver to do the by-pass. Not sure if this is the same thing, but it sounds like it to me. I would call the Dr. office to ask. You don't want any surprises.

Frank

:cool:

Back