• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3-months In.

RaynettaS

My name is Raynetta Stocks. I just had my three month surgery anniversary on April 8th. I have been searching for a local support group, and when I finally found one, felt very ostracized and excluded. So I'm here, hoping to find people who are going through similar things--so they can tell me about their experiences. It's nice to "meet" you all, and hopefully I can get out of this what I'm searching for.

Hi Raynetta, welcome to the family. We are all in this together, we draw strength, inspiration and ideas from each other. We will talk about anything. Ask whatever you want, we don't judge. Congrats on your weight loss so far.

Frank

:cool:

Welcome to the Forum! There is a friendly bunch here willing to help and answer questions and we care. Sorry you felt ostracized by the group you did attend. That is so strange - you would think they welcome you. Take care and good luck as you continue on this journey. Joy

Jen72, The best way to get your questions answered is to post them in one of the forums. We are always checking for new posts and not many people check into the chat rooms. You'll get a lot of great answers to your questions. So what can I help you with?

Frank

Hello all, I am a newbie also to the forum I am 1 year post-op sleeve on May 21st, I have lost 83 pounds total from the day I started, what I am really concerned about is I have hit a plateau and only lost about 12 pounds since the end of October I exercise and I eat what I am supposed to and very small amounts at that. I realize I have lost inches but I think I should be at my goal weight by now, maybe I am just to hard on myself and need to stop worrying about what the scale says anyone else have this issue?:eek:

Hi Rogntin, Welcome to a great group of people. You are excercising, eating right and losing inches which means you are doing well. Losing 83 pounds is nothing to sneeze at, you're doing great. I don't know what your goal weight is or how far you are from it, but the closer you get, the slower it goes. Remember the scale is just a number, you are getting healthy and that is the real goal. Just keep doing what you are doing and it will come off, it may take a while, but it iwll come off. In the mean time, celebrate the Healthier You.

Frank

Back