• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 Days and a Wake

Yeah I guess lol. Got a few more last items to pack. Then a shower and my pills then off to bed. Thank you for asking.

TillieS

Tillie, I wanted you to know that you are loved, and everyone here is praying that you have an uneventful surgery and recovery. When you wake up a new chapter will begin in journey. Keep us informed....:)

Hello Everyone,

Well here I am on the other side. Surgery went well. I have some pain. My two problems are my blood pressure keeps shooting up and so is my blood sugars. The nausea comes and goes. It was bearable until I stood up then wham it hit me so hard they gave me a cocktail. Anyone else have the sugar and blood pressure issues?

TillieS

Your blood pressure and sugars may be going up due to the pain response from surgery..

Pain will make them both go up. Take a deep breath, relax and talk to your nurse and Surgeon and see what they may come up with...

The nausea is probably anesthesia related this soon after surgery... Ask if you can sip on some decaffeinated hot tea, that helped me as well as relaxed my pouch.

You may also want to try a sugar free ice pop in case the cold works better for you......

Glad all went well... NOW relax and take care of yourself.

Well here I am again. I am still in the hospital. I am still having a great deal of nausea. I've gained 3 fluid lbs. Started with gatorade using the 30cc cups sipping from those. So far i kept down 120cc since 9am. It's slow going but that's alright. The walking is fine. Pain down to a 3. Gonna nap so ttyl.

TillieS

So sorry you are having to deal with so much nausea, but glad the pain is better. I hope you start feeling lots better soon. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Well here I am again. I am still in the hospital. I am still having a great deal of nausea. I've gained 3 fluid lbs. Started with gatorade using the 30cc cups sipping from those. So far i kept down 120cc since 9am. It's slow going but that's alright. The walking is fine. Pain down to a 3. Gonna nap so ttyl.

TillieS

Sounds like your right on schedule.. I am glad they are keeping you in with regards to the nausea...
Still need pics of the PJ's and UGG boots, ;)

Remember, take it day by day, take a deep breath when frustrated and start again...

Glad your doing well. :)

TillieS

Hi TilleS,

I am so sorry I missed most of this posting. We were away last week on vacation. I only got to see it now.

Your surgery is finished. Now a new life.

It sounds like your surgeon and hospital team are doing the right thing; especially keeping you hydrated. I would also think you have a medication prescribed for you to take home for nausea. I had it, but didn't need it. However, there were a couple of times I did take it to keep nausea from happening; you know you can feel it coming on. In your case, it may be required for a little while but not long.

Also, I saw several comments in your post about CPAP machine. I brought mine to the hospital. What everyone should know is that YOU WILL IMMEDIATELY NEED A REDUCTION IN PRESSURE ON THE MACHINE as you will lose a lot of weight very quickly in the first month. My sleep doctor reduced the pressure immediately and in fact I reduced it a couple more numbers before I just stopped using it.

I don't know about the sleeve but with the gastric bypass, the pressure was too high and actually added to the gas pains in my stomach. So I stopped using it. All the signs of sleep apnea are gone. I will go through a formal sleep study soon, but not yet.

I don't snore. My wife listens closely to me and I don't stop breathing. I had very severe sleep apnea going into this procedure. It is gone. Even if it is mildly there, the discomfort of the air pressure was too much for me.

Ralph

TillieS

Well Tillie, you're now on the other side with us. You certainly went through a lot to get here. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hope you feel better very soon!!! :)

Cheyenne

Stinkerbelle,

I wont be able to do pics with my uggs and pj's since my grandaughter had a bout of vomiting on our way to the hospital on Monday. I do have my Uggs though. Been walking in those. Ralph the docs here are great. My bp's are still a lil high but my sugars are getting back to where they usually are. I can't wait until I can do away with my cpap machine. Well gonna get my meds and I guess take a nap. ttyl.

TillieS

Back