• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Almost there! 6-10-2013

kmcrofut

I am so glad I found this forum. Your stories are inspiring me to stay motivated and keep on the pre-op diet. I am finally doing it! Well as long as my last weigh in checks out (I need to get to 347). ;)

I have been overweight all my life (except for the two years when I kicked butt on Weight Watchers and Curves and lost 140 pounds). I have a unique perspective in the fact that I lost all the weight than gained it back so I know what my triggers are and what I need to avoid. I am hopeful this will be the ace in the hole that makes me successful in keeping the weight off this time.

I am not targeting a specific number but I remember feeling good between 200-225 pounds so I am working towards the "feel good" weight. :cool:

Thank you all for your input, feedback, and support!

Congratulations. The best thing, I think, is the self-awareness of your triggers and having a PLAN for when the weight comes off. It's a lot of work!

I weigh in on Friday! Fingers crossed I make my goal. I really thought 2 weeks on Clear Liquids and Protein Shakes would have caused more weight loss than it did....but c'est la vie I am down to the wire as always!

I abstained the night before and during the day of my weigh ins and wore the lightest thing I owned if I could have stripped naked, I would have done it.

cheers

Dennis, why does that not surprise me? ;) But he is right, eat as little as possible the day/night before and wear light clothing. Can't hurt if you are close. You're going to do great.

Frank

:cool:

Good for you! I can totally relate to your pain, I too lost 100+ pounds (from working out twice a day at Curves and later joining Ballys doing two hours of cardio a day, along with eating no more than 1500 calories) only to gain it all back. I have completed 5 months of the doctor supervised diet visits and I only have 1 more month until I can schedule my surgery. I too agree that losing the weight and gaining it back gives you a clearer perception of what your triggers may be. I wish you the best of luck and you will do great this time around.

km,

You are doing great and you will make it because you are so motivated. My problems were totally different or so it seems. I just never realized when I had enough to eat so no matter what program I was on I was always miserable and always hungry. Now with the band I can tell when I have had enough to eat (finally). I wish you the very best as you continue on this journey. Please keep us posted.

Dennis, that is sooooo funny and Frank you continue egging him on ROFL. A speedo and flip flops or naked creates quite a picture.

Last edited:
I made it! Surgery is cleared and I am having it Monday morning! I am ready for the changes in store. Blessed be!

Hi. I just had gastric sleeve surgery on Monday, June 3. Wow, not what I expected. I am just now starting to feel "semi normal" again. The worst was the gas pain. Definitely use a heating pad and walk, walk, walk and sip fluids all day long! I am just beginning to add protein to my diet so I think this is why I'm beginning to feel like my old self again. I am praying and staying positive....19 pounds down already! (10 lbs. from pre surgery diet). Best of luck to you on surgery day, I'll be pulling for you!

Congrats Kmcrofut, we knew that you could do it. Glad to hear you don't have to wait too long for surgery. Lcthomps, congrats on your successful surgery. The journey will get easier as time goes by. Get as much exercise as possible, it will really make a difference in your energy levels and weight loss. Both of you, keep us up to date on your progress.

Frank

:cool:

Sounds like you're about halfway through your "journey of a thousand miles" - Safe and healthy travels to you! Keep up the outstanding work!

Back