• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Anyone else a late May/early June sleeve?!

Nymiria

I've got a surgery date! June 1! I'm bummed that it's so far off but I'm so excited that it's finally on the books. I feel like I need a place to go and talk about it because I'm obsessed and my poor husband probably doesn't want to talk about it constantly haha.
Anyways, I'm pumped! Anyone else out there with a surgery date close to mine? We can be surgery buddies!

I've got a surgery date! June 1! I'm bummed that it's so far off but I'm so excited that it's finally on the books. I feel like I need a place to go and talk about it because I'm obsessed and my poor husband probably doesn't want to talk about it constantly haha.
Anyways, I'm pumped! Anyone else out there with a surgery date close to mine? We can be surgery buddies!
my date is June 16th

Wow y'all are so close to the finish line, and also the starting line. Say goodbye to the sad old days of eating just to fill up an emptiness inside, and welcome to the other side, the loser's bench, the beginning of a joyful, healthier new life . You will find all kinds of new NSVs - looser clothes and shoes (who knew about chubby feet!), not being out of breath all the time, tying your shoes, clipping your own toenails!!! I'm so excited for y'all.

Exciting indeed!!! :) And I'm Definitely with you on looking forward to this period diet ending...Currently feeling hungry, light headed, cranky and like crying. But it's all for a good cause...our happy futures!! :)
I feel like you just quoted my head haha. I told my husband today I'm so sad I can't stop wanting to cry when everyone's eating food around me. It's crazy!

I feel like you just quoted my head haha. I told my husband today I'm so sad I can't stop wanting to cry when everyone's eating food around me. It's crazy!
Oh man, that's tough!! I think I saw you say somewhere on here that you've got 4 kids you're still cooking for through this...that's gotta be Super hard!!! And you're nicer than me, I told everyone that they're on their own and to please not cook any bacon, lol. :p

Oh man, that's tough!! I think I saw you say somewhere on here that you've got 4 kids you're still cooking for through this...that's gotta be Super hard!!! And you're nicer than me, I told everyone that they're on their own and to please not cook any bacon, lol. :p
It's true! I have 4 kids 10 and under. It's bananagrams haha. Also. We have been on vacation this week with my parents and I haven't been eating vacation food,! That's made me cry the most haha

Me me me!! I go tomorrow, May 23rd for my bypass. Super excited/anxious! I am at tge end of my liquid diet..hmm I have been losing and gaining throughout this whole 2 weeks. It's so frustrating when you do what you should be doing. How on earth can I gain lol.
I started with headaches buy those went away. Cravings finally ended. So I am so ready yet nervous..
I have my husband and one of my kids still home that I cook for. Yesterday, I spent the day cooking and cleaning. I put stuffed cabbage, Spanish style chicken stew, brown rice and taco meat into the freezer for while I'm at the hospital. Todays Sunday dinner I'm making Zucchini Parmigiano, which I'm sure will have leftovers for during the week.
Today, I'm also going to go through my bag and make sure I have everything I need. Still waiting to hear from the hospital on what time to go.
My meltaway vitamins are here and ready and I'm going to stick some 1oz containers of watered down clear juices (white grape, white cranberry, pear in the freezer) might also make a batch of isopure infusions clear protein drinks to put in there as well.
I'm looking forward to having a crew to go through this with guess I will be the first of us going :)

Me me me!! I go tomorrow, May 23rd for my bypass. Super excited/anxious! I am at tge end of my liquid diet..hmm I have been losing and gaining throughout this whole 2 weeks. It's so frustrating when you do what you should be doing. How on earth can I gain lol.
I started with headaches buy those went away. Cravings finally ended. So I am so ready yet nervous..
I have my husband and one of my kids still home that I cook for. Yesterday, I spent the day cooking and cleaning. I put stuffed cabbage, Spanish style chicken stew, brown rice and taco meat into the freezer for while I'm at the hospital. Todays Sunday dinner I'm making Zucchini Parmigiano, which I'm sure will have leftovers for during the week.
Today, I'm also going to go through my bag and make sure I have everything I need. Still waiting to hear from the hospital on what time to go.
My meltaway vitamins are here and ready and I'm going to stick some 1oz containers of watered down clear juices (white grape, white cranberry, pear in the freezer) might also make a batch of isopure infusions clear protein drinks to put in there as well.
I'm looking forward to having a crew to go through this with guess I will be the first of us going :)
Awww so great! So wonderful that your surgery is so soon. Tomorrow?!?!?! That's awesome! Yes it is been so hard cooking for the family, but you even got food ready on advance?! Wow!!! Superstar. Glad to know that the cravings go away

Thanks but no superstar here lol it's my nerves and being in the kitchen cooking relaxes me...do u now understand my weight lol

But seriously it does help me feel less nervous knowing I'm not going to everyday have the dreaded "what's for dinner" text. All reheating instructions are written on the containers.

Correction: cravings don't go away. By the end of the 2nd week I feel more in control of them . No panic feeling of "I'm starving, will never again have....." I'm less hungry too, might have to do with constantly drinking water.

Someone's date is coming in a weeeek!

Thanks but no superstar here lol it's my nerves and being in the kitchen cooking relaxes me...do u now understand my weight lol

But seriously it does help me feel less nervous knowing I'm not going to everyday have the dreaded "what's for dinner" text. All reheating instructions are written on the containers.

Correction: cravings don't go away. By the end of the 2nd week I feel more in control of them . No panic feeling of "I'm starving, will never again have....." I'm less hungry too, might have to do with constantly drinking water.
Well you're a good mom and wife to do it even if you enjoy it! I told my sweet hubby hes on food duty when we get back home from Vacation haha

Back