• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Anyone else a late May/early June sleeve?!

Awe that's ok too. Well, since I not sure when I will be able to get back into the kitchen again. They will be on costco rotiserre chicken pre-made salads, order in and sandwiches after the food here is done lol.

But ALL the laundry will be done by end of today. All floors and house cleaning was done yesterday. So it's all on them going forward.

But since I was caring for my mom here and at her house in nj and while she was in the hospital for a month, they have gotten pretty good at taking care of things here. But at least now I will be home to give direction lol

My sister calls me Drill Sargent lol

Awe that's ok too. Well, since I not sure when I will be able to get back into the kitchen again. They will be on costco rotiserre chicken pre-made salads, order in and sandwiches after the food here is done lol.

But ALL the laundry will be done by end of today. All floors and house cleaning was done yesterday. So it's all on them going forward.

But since I was caring for my mom here and at her house in nj and while she was in the hospital for a month, they have gotten pretty good at taking care of things here. But at least now I will be home to give direction lol

My sister calls me Drill Sargent lol
I'm glad you got a plan going forward! I'm so excited for this dang surgery.

Wow y'all are so close to the finish line, and also the starting line. Say goodbye to the sad old days of eating just to fill up an emptiness inside, and welcome to the other side, the loser's bench, the beginning of a joyful, healthier new life . You will find all kinds of new NSVs - looser clothes and shoes (who knew about chubby feet!), not being out of breath all the time, tying your shoes, clipping your own toenails!!! I'm so excited for y'all.
One of the (many) things that I'm excited about, on top of the things you mentioned, is confidence in seatbelts fitting. Especially on a plane. None fit right now, and I'm not a fan of asking for seatbelt extenders. So much to look forward to!! :)

It's true! I have 4 kids 10 and under. It's bananagrams haha. Also. We have been on vacation this week with my parents and I haven't been eating vacation food,! That's made me cry the most haha
Wow, 4 kids under 10...even if you weren't having surgery and on this crazy diet I'd be wishing more power to you!!! And on vacation, even!!! :oops: You are a strong and brave woman! I'm glad you're not holding your emotions in (just takes you to crazy land quicker ;) ).
I have 2 adult boys. One lives in Ohio with his girlfriend, the other son and his girlfriend and her cat, have lived with Us since covid. :) Much easier to tell a 27 year old to make his own food than it is, say, a five year old! :p

Wow, 4 kids under 10...even if you weren't having surgery and on this crazy diet I'd be wishing more power to you!!! And on vacation, even!!! :oops: You are a strong and brave woman! I'm glad you're not holding your emotions in (just takes you to crazy land quicker ;) ).
I have 2 adult boys. One lives in Ohio with his girlfriend, the other son and his girlfriend and her cat, have lived with Us since covid. :) Much easier to tell a 27 year old to make his own food than it is, say, a five year old! :p
Thanks for your encouragement!! I'm struggling haha

I reached out to the surgeons assistant, she responds on weekends :)
She told me they were fixing the OR schedule and I will get a call.

FINALLY! I GOT THE CALL!

with alot of apologies, the lady told me to report to the hospital at 1130 am. Surgery will be between 2 and 3pm.

So say 2pm, 3 hours means I'm done at 5pm. In recovery for an hour or so 6pm. I will be in a room by 8pm time to sleep lol.

FINALLY! I GOT THE CALL!

with alot of apologies, the lady told me to report to the hospital at 1130 am. Surgery will be between 2 and 3pm.

So say 2pm, 3 hours means I'm done at 5pm. In recovery for an hour or so 6pm. I will be in a room by 8pm time to sleep lol.
That's great news! Praying for you that your surgery is swift and accurate and recovery is a breeze! Remember to walk afterwards as soon as they tell you to and to sip your water!!

FINALLY! I GOT THE CALL!

Glad you finally Know and hope you're feeling much more peaceful now. :) Your time is just about here...yay!!

FINALLY! I GOT THE CALL!

Thinking of you!! You should be in surgery and on the other side of this adventure SOON! You are strong and brave! You've got this!!

Hi guys,

I'm here, I should be leaving the hospital today. I went into surgery at 315 and got into recovery at about 715 says the dr. Up into the room by 10pm.

I'm pretty sore but trying to walk as much as possible. I am tolerating liquids and tgey are discharging me today

Hi guys,

I'm here, I should be leaving the hospital today. I went into surgery at 315 and got into recovery at about 715 says the dr. Up into the room by 10pm.

I'm pretty sore but trying to walk as much as possible. I am tolerating liquids and tgey are discharging me today
So glad everything went well and you are doing so good. Thoughts and prayers being lifted up for your quick healing

I am home, finally my son got home with my meds. I was having some real pain. But I dissolved my pain med into some water and took it. Worked immediately! I can breathe deeply and it feels good.
Gas pain is not fun but I was given gas drops. 2 meds for nausea and stomach pain.

Back