• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Anyone else a late May/early June sleeve?!

Good morning all! I did not sleep as well as the night before only because I couldn't get comfortable. I did eventually get some sleep but I don't feel as great as yesterday. I mean I'm feeling less pain if that's what you want to call it but it's not really pain. I don't know how to describe it. I sometimes do get some burning if I do too much in the incision I believe was to remove my port.

TMI ALERT!

So my worst fear has happened! I ad to move my bowels. Why you ask is this my worst fear? Reaching back to clean! I had been practicing because I knew it would happen at some point but just could not get there. Well I guess our bodies know what they are doing. Late yesterday afternoon I began to have terrible lower gas rumblings and I was lije oh boy thank God I'm home alone!
The loudest longest gas came out of me in my entire life I thing it was trapped in there for years lol because I was raised ladies don't do those things I always tried not to at least around people lol. Anyway also the worst smell in the world like a sewer! Lol
Then it happened I had to go and I did. I was having stretching uncomfortable pulling as I reached to clean. Buy I found something to help.
I dont think guys have this but ladies who have weight (and even when we dont but this is related to those of us with weight)all have what my Sicilian grandmother called a "Guaduma" now I'm sure the spelling is off but thats how it's pronounced. It's the belly below the middle belly, you know our lap belly lol.
So I used me left hand to pull my guaduma up as I reached back and Boom! I did it! I was able to clean myself with no pulling ot pain! So that's my tip of the day! Lol
Excellent. My grandfather was Sicilian and my.grandmother was from northern Italy! They sure had a way with words lol

Good morning all! I did not sleep as well as the night before only because I couldn't get comfortable. I did eventually get some sleep but I don't feel as great as yesterday. I mean I'm feeling less pain if that's what you want to call it but it's not really pain. I don't know how to describe it. I sometimes do get some burning if I do too much in the incision I believe was to remove my port.

TMI ALERT!

So my worst fear has happened! I ad to move my bowels. Why you ask is this my worst fear? Reaching back to clean! I had been practicing because I knew it would happen at some point but just could not get there. Well I guess our bodies know what they are doing. Late yesterday afternoon I began to have terrible lower gas rumblings and I was lije oh boy thank God I'm home alone!
The loudest longest gas came out of me in my entire life I thing it was trapped in there for years lol because I was raised ladies don't do those things I always tried not to at least around people lol. Anyway also the worst smell in the world like a sewer! Lol
Then it happened I had to go and I did. I was having stretching uncomfortable pulling as I reached to clean. Buy I found something to help.
I dont think guys have this but ladies who have weight (and even when we dont but this is related to those of us with weight)all have what my Sicilian grandmother called a "Guaduma" now I'm sure the spelling is off but thats how it's pronounced. It's the belly below the middle belly, you know our lap belly lol.
So I used me left hand to pull my guaduma up as I reached back and Boom! I did it! I was able to clean myself with no pulling ot pain! So that's my tip of the day! Lol
I bought a bidet awhile back because of these issues and am so grateful I did. It will make after surgery so much easier until I am able to take care of things myself. Glad you are doing so well and I pray for sleep and relief for your aching. Have a wonderful day!

TMI ALERT!

Thank you so much for sharing so much helpful info, Ange! I’m not used to being in a place where I can talk openly about weight stuff without feeling judged, and hearing you be so open about things is just…it helps me feel…safe to be vulnerable.
I’m supposed to be at the hospital for my surgery in less than four hours (5:45am) and I can’t get to sleep. Worry, stress and tears seem more of my path tonight. And the tears are making this take forever to type, lol.
Anyways, I just wanted to thank you.

Thank you so much for sharing so much helpful info, Ange! I’m not used to being in a place where I can talk openly about weight stuff without feeling judged, and hearing you be so open about things is just…it helps me feel…safe to be vulnerable.
I’m supposed to be at the hospital for my surgery in less than four hours (5:45am) and I can’t get to sleep. Worry, stress and tears seem more of my path tonight. And the tears are making this take forever to type, lol.
Good luck today sweetness! All your hard work is coming to fruition and I k ow you will do great. Get in here when you can and let us know how you are doing :)

Good luck today sweetness! All your hard work is coming to fruition and I k ow you will do great. Get in here when you can and let us know how you are doing :)

Keri, by now you are out of surgery, but if I was awake when you wrote this I would have told you not to stress the sleep because you were headed for the most restful anesthesia sleep.
I'm so sorry you were upset, were you scared, nervous having second thoughts? Been there. It's ok. I am hoping you are ok now, praying you are feeling ok. I found I worried more about my pain than I needed to. My pain was very uncomfortable the first day and I was terribly exhausted but take the meds, sleep all you can. Pee as soon as you can but don't rush yourself. Your body needs to rest and heal but try to move some.
Hugs and smooches!!

Hi All, so I've been having an issue with getting my protein shakes in plus my water. So today I decided to thin out my shakes with some water. I guess I could use fat free milk but I used water and I was able to get it all in. Just my tip of the day :).

I am sitting with the heating pad on my back. My back muscles are hurting throughout the day but I'm getting ready to hit the hay. My muscles will get a break :).

Good morning All,
Hoping to hear from Nymiria at some point. I believe she was having her procedure on June 1. Prayers she is feeling good!

Well I slept over 11 hours last night lol. Wish I felt bright eyed and bushy tailed but I don't but I feel good. Less pain. I can sleep on my sides not too long but I can do it. I'm getting up better, bending a bit more but still tender in spots.
Starting my day with 16 oz of water.
Definitely getting bored with chocolate, vanilla and the Cafe latte protein shakes. Looking for recipes to add them to. But I seem to have so many of these I have to finish them.

So wonderful to hear how you are doing. Great job on the water!!! You might want to check on getting extracts. I bought almond, mint, and orange, thanks to the suggestions from other members. And if you like root beer, Premier Protein just came out with a limited edition flavor - Root Beer Float! So delicious. I ordered 6 boxes from their website, and got a 10% discount & free shipping on my 1st order.

Please keep us updated. Take care ❤❤

So wonderful to hear how you are doing. Great job on the water!!! You might want to check on getting extracts. I bought almond, mint, and orange, thanks to the suggestions from other members. And if you like root beer, Premier Protein just came out with a limited edition flavor - Root Beer Float! So delicious. I ordered 6 boxes from their website, and got a 10% discount & free shipping on my 1st order.

Please keep us updated. Take care ❤❤
I did order some extracts and from the forums I realized I need more and ordered more. Do not like rot beer but I was reading all good things about it

How are you feeling today miss KeriK?
Hi Mandy :) I'm doing better each day, thanks!

Got to come home Wednesday evening. I'm still feeling a bit loopy, but that could be in part due to lack of sleep. I'm happy that I was able to slowly make it up the stairs the first night (with Erik, my hubby, there as back up), as I'm a side sleeper and that's hard to do in a recliner. I've done it before, when our elderly dog was sick and couldn't do stairs anymore but I didn't have 7 wounds on my tummy at the time, lol. In life I use a sleep aid, otherwise I wake up every hour, if I can get back to sleep at all. Got the sleep aid ok now and hope for better in the coming days.

Standing up, coughing, etc causes a lot of pain on my right side. Still feel a lot of mucous in my lungs, but when I cough (OUCH!) it doesn't come out just rumbles.

Yesterday I focused on short walks as I was feeling no gas or bowel action and the drs office seemed concerned. The walks got the gas in motion. Never thought I'd be so happy to fart, lol! I've also be on the hunt for a locally in stock bidet as I know I won't realistically be able to reach when the time comes and finally found one at Costco that Erik will pick up this afternoon.

Today I'm trying to focus on the breathing 'toy' they gave me to strengthen my lungs. I'm anxious about it as it'll likely make me cough, but so far, so good. I also need to get in a better routine of sipping the beverages. I've got ADD and am distracted Very easily, lol. The Dr's office told me to fill the supplied cup and drink it in thirds every 30 seconds, then after 5 minutes do it again. Been alternating between protein drinks and water and today added protein powder to the shakes.

If I drink too fast, I feel nauseous, but don't throw up. It's like if you take an iron pill on an empty stomach...nausuea, then big burps. I sometimes wake up nauseous too, but nothing more than burps. Using Tylenol Liquid for pain as I'm paranoid of oxy. They put a pain pouch on my tummy but it's almost out and I'm wondering how I'll feel then.

Hugs!!!

Hi Mandy :) I'm doing better each day, thanks!

Got to come home Wednesday evening. I'm still feeling a bit loopy, but that could be in part due to lack of sleep. I'm happy that I was able to slowly make it up the stairs the first night (with Erik, my hubby, there as back up), as I'm a side sleeper and that's hard to do in a recliner. I've done it before, when our elderly dog was sick and couldn't do stairs anymore but I didn't have 7 wounds on my tummy at the time, lol. In life I use a sleep aid, otherwise I wake up every hour, if I can get back to sleep at all. Got the sleep aid ok now and hope for better in the coming days.

Standing up, coughing, etc causes a lot of pain on my right side. Still feel a lot of mucous in my lungs, but when I cough (OUCH!) it doesn't come out just rumbles.

Yesterday I focused on short walks as I was feeling no gas or bowel action and the drs office seemed concerned. The walks got the gas in motion. Never thought I'd be so happy to fart, lol! I've also be on the hunt for a locally in stock bidet as I know I won't realistically be able to reach when the time comes and finally found one at Costco that Erik will pick up this afternoon.

Today I'm trying to focus on the breathing 'toy' they gave me to strengthen my lungs. I'm anxious about it as it'll likely make me cough, but so far, so good. I also need to get in a better routine of sipping the beverages. I've got ADD and am distracted Very easily, lol. The Dr's office told me to fill the supplied cup and drink it in thirds every 30 seconds, then after 5 minutes do it again. Been alternating between protein drinks and water and today added protein powder to the shakes.

If I drink too fast, I feel nauseous, but don't throw up. It's like if you take an iron pill on an empty stomach...nausuea, then big burps. I sometimes wake up nauseous too, but nothing more than burps. Using Tylenol Liquid for pain as I'm paranoid of oxy. They put a pain pouch on my tummy but it's almost out and I'm wondering how I'll feel then.

Hugs!!!
so glad you are doing well! YOu sound a lot like me right now. That's interesting that we BOTH have 7 incisions. I was researching and couldn't find many posters that had that many .
I finally understand what everyone meant when they said they couldn't get something down in a certain amount of time. It feels awful if I take a big sip, like when you eat a peanutbutter sandwich and then drink it down with a soda and the pain bubble just travels down your stomach haha. It's awful!
Im still really slow moving. It even hurts to burp and I feel like I'm burping all of the time!

so glad you are doing well! YOu sound a lot like me right now. That's interesting that we BOTH have 7 incisions. I was researching and couldn't find many posters that had that many .
I finally understand what everyone meant when they said they couldn't get something down in a certain amount of time. It feels awful if I take a big sip, like when you eat a peanutbutter sandwich and then drink it down with a soda and the pain bubble just travels down your stomach haha. It's awful!
Im still really slow moving. It even hurts to burp and I feel like I'm burping all of the time!

Hello Nymiria, so good to hear from you, I've been wondering how you're doing! :)

Did you have anything done other than the sleeve? I also got my gallbladder out (what got this whole ball rolling) and the surgeon told me that I'd have 3 for the sleeve, 3 for the gallbladder and one for getting in there. Do you have a pain med pouch too? Mine is almost out of meds and I am Not looking forward to pulling the little tube out of myself! :oops:

I feel ya on the frustrations of trying to get all the fluids in!! It takes very focused timing that I have Not got down yet. If I drink too quickly nausea and burps let me know. :/

I'm also having a lot of what I believe are hunger pains. Took me a bit to decipher the pain. What's up with That?! Thought I'd have no interest in food for a while?! :confused:

Today is the first day it's not as painful to burp, so hopefully by tomorrow it'll ease up on you. :)

Back