• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Anyone else a late May/early June sleeve?!

Hello Nymiria, so good to hear from you, I've been wondering how you're doing! :)

Did you have anything done other than the sleeve? I also got my gallbladder out (what got this whole ball rolling) and the surgeon told me that I'd have 3 for the sleeve, 3 for the gallbladder and one for getting in there. Do you have a pain med pouch too? Mine is almost out of meds and I am Not looking forward to pulling the little tube out of myself! :oops:

I feel ya on the frustrations of trying to get all the fluids in!! It takes very focused timing that I have Not got down yet. If I drink too quickly nausea and burps let me know. :/

I'm also having a lot of what I believe are hunger pains. Took me a bit to decipher the pain. What's up with That?! Thought I'd have no interest in food for a while?! :confused:

Today is the first day it's not as painful to burp, so hopefully by tomorrow it'll ease up on you. :)
Hey! I don't have a pouch and I still have my gallbladder haha so who knows what he was doing in there lol.
Nausea and burping, check. Got them both too.
I feel like when I'm having this gnawing burning feeling it's gotta be hunger pains because it only happens if I haven't had any protein shake in awhile. I'm able to get in about 40oz of water and 40-45g protein so far. Trying but either I forget or I feel too sick or I'm asleep lol
Yes I'm hoping the painful gas stuff goes away. I'm just so surprised at how much more this hurts than I thought it would. Everyone online is like "you'll be great! Doesn't hurt! Didn't need pain meds" hahahaha so I feel like a very confused loser lol

Hey! I don't have a pouch and I still have my gallbladder haha so who knows what he was doing in there lol.
I feel like when I'm having this gnawing burning feeling it's gotta be hunger pains because it only happens if I haven't had any protein shake in awhile. I'm able to get in about 40oz of water and 40-45g protein so far. Trying but either I forget or I feel too sick or I'm asleep lol
Yes I'm hoping the painful gas stuff goes away. I'm just so surprised at how much more this hurts than I thought it would. Everyone online is like "you'll be great! Doesn't hurt! Didn't need pain meds" hahahaha so I feel like a very confused loser lol
Gas pains are like being knifed.

so glad you are doing well! YOu sound a lot like me right now. That's interesting that we BOTH have 7 incisions. I was researching and couldn't find many posters that had that many .
I finally understand what everyone meant when they said they couldn't get something down in a certain amount of time. It feels awful if I take a big sip, like when you eat a peanutbutter sandwich and then drink it down with a soda and the pain bubble just travels down your stomach haha. It's awful!
Im still really slow moving. It even hurts to burp and I feel like I'm burping all of the time!
I also have 7 incisions but I thought that was because I have a band revision to bypass

Good morning, no nausea today, I'm ok after my oopsie yesterday. I will have to be more concious of what I'm doing while I'm cooking and talking. It's a habit, something you do when you cook everyday. So going forward when im cooking, someone else will be called to taste, it's what I did when I had my band placed.
Anyway, I moved on and by the end of the night I was tired. I had a "normal" day. Well the most normal I've had in a long time (2 weeks) lol.
I cooked, cleaned up, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher. Got all tge laundry washed and dried. Hubby brought the baskets up, today I will fold and get mine put away and they will take care of theirs. Although when I went down to do tgeclaundry my son still had all his clean clothes in the basket. Ugh it's so annoying.
Anyway I'm no longer stressing over adults, they have to take care of themselves because I'm starting to take care of me.
I slept great last night, no pain at all sleeping on my right side but of course my body wanted to go to the left which I did for a bit tgen onto my back for the rest. And through the night I slept.
I'm feeling like normal life is just over the horizon.
I have my followup with my surgeon on Tuesday. Looking forward to that and what he has to say.

Good morning, no nausea today, I'm ok after my oopsie yesterday. I will have to be more concious of what I'm doing while I'm cooking and talking. It's a habit, something you do when you cook everyday. So going forward when im cooking, someone else will be called to taste, it's what I did when I had my band placed.
Anyway, I moved on and by the end of the night I was tired. I had a "normal" day. Well the most normal I've had in a long time (2 weeks) lol.
I cooked, cleaned up, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher. Got all tge laundry washed and dried. Hubby brought the baskets up, today I will fold and get mine put away and they will take care of theirs. Although when I went down to do tgeclaundry my son still had all his clean clothes in the basket. Ugh it's so annoying.
Anyway I'm no longer stressing over adults, they have to take care of themselves because I'm starting to take care of me.
I slept great last night, no pain at all sleeping on my right side but of course my body wanted to go to the left which I did for a bit tgen onto my back for the rest. And through the night I slept.
I have my followup with my surgeon on Tuesday. Looking forward to that and what he has to say.
THat;s so great that you feel like normal life is coming up! I feel so much better today too - though I am still sore and tired - I feel more alert and that is exciting.
That's great that you are able to get back to some normalcy too. Even if it is cooking and cleaning - those things make me feel like I'm earning my keep haha. Being waited on like this while my husband takes care of all of the kids and the house and his work makes me feel so bad! Even if I need it! I am glad you are sleeping well too. Last night was a good one for me too - except I keep waking up with a huge crick in my neck. Did your shoulders or neck hurt alot after surgery?
Good job so far!

Yea, it seems that multiple peeps have 7 wounds without gallbladder being removed...I'd definitely ask the surgeon. Maybe it was a hernia or something?

I also think that the nausea and burping come on mostly when I've taken too big of a swig. Was doing better today as I'd been good about drinking a 3rd of the 1oz cup at a time, but then my son made me hot tea and I thought I could assess it ok on my own...wrong!!!

Painful gas and pain in general Sucks and you are Not alone, nor are you a loser!! (((HUGS))) I'll see if my surgeon has any tips to ease the pain tomorrow! I'm curious, is there a side that hurts more for you? For me it's my left side. Hold it and groan every time I move.

Good for you for standing up for yourself and taking care of YOU!! And yay on having the energy to really Do Things. I did some dusting today, but only things I didn't need to bend for. Excellent on sleeping through the night! Didn't even wake up to pee?!! That sounds Amazing! As does feeling like normal life is right on the horizon!!!! :D:cool:
Sending good juju for your follow up appt!!!

THat;s so great that you feel like normal life is coming up! I feel so much better today too - though I am still sore and tired - I feel more alert and that is exciting.
That's great that you are able to get back to some normalcy too. Even if it is cooking and cleaning - those things make me feel like I'm earning my keep haha. Being waited on like this while my husband takes care of all of the kids and the house and his work makes me feel so bad! Even if I need it! I am glad you are sleeping well too. Last night was a good one for me too - except I keep waking up with a huge crick in my neck. Did your shoulders or neck hurt alot after surgery?
Good job so far!
For me it was and still sometimes my back. Could be from sitting so long. Sleeping is important and to get through the night is amazing snd I'm glad you are too. I do still have some soreness but I can feel inside is ok.
I am finding protein drinks made from the powders works well for me. Better than the premade.

Good for you for standing up for yourself and taking care of YOU!! And yay on having the energy to really Do Things. I did some dusting today, but only things I didn't need to bend for. Excellent on sleeping through the night! Didn't even wake up to pee?!! That sounds Amazing! As does feeling like normal life is right on the horizon!!!! :D:cool:
Sending good juju for your follow up appt!!!
Keri, honestly I don't remember if I got up to pee lol. But I know I drank water lol

Yea, it seems that multiple peeps have 7 wounds without gallbladder being removed...I'd definitely ask the surgeon. Maybe it was a hernia or something?

I also think that the nausea and burping come on mostly when I've taken too big of a swig. Was doing better today as I'd been good about drinking a 3rd of the 1oz cup at a time, but then my son made me hot tea and I thought I could assess it ok on my own...wrong!!!

Painful gas and pain in general Sucks and you are Not alone, nor are you a loser!! (((HUGS))) I'll see if my surgeon has any tips to ease the pain tomorrow! I'm curious, is there a side that hurts more for you? For me it's my left side. Hold it and groan every time I move.
My right side is the stinker!!!!!!!

My right side is the stinker!!!!!!!
My left is hurting me as well I thought it was just me. Like maybe I pulled something. But very specific areas lol.
I know my 7 include removing my band and port.
Today I woke up with a slight headache, but a cup of Decaf tea helped push that out.
I feel I've been doing well with amounts I'm able to swallow. And I'm constantly drinking my crystal light fruit punch. Overnight it's clear water

My left is hurting me as well I thought it was just me. Like maybe I pulled something. But very specific areas lol.
I know my 7 include removing my band and port.
Today I woke up with a slight headache, but a cup of Decaf tea helped push that out.
I feel I've been doing well with amounts I'm able to swallow. And I'm constantly drinking my crystal light fruit punch. Overnight it's clear water
That's great! On your liquids are you allowed things like puddings or soups or just shakes and broths?

Hi All, Well I made it to PUREED FOODS!! WOOOOHOOO!
I had my follow up this afternoon and he said I am doing amazingly well. Down total of 20 lbs. I can now start my chewable vitamins eat pureed up to 1/4 cup.

My day started terrible but ended amazingly well.
I took a boost shake from my fridge opened it drank some and immediately got nausea. I guess they are too thick, I keep saying it but keep trying anyhow.

Then I headed out for my follow up and I was stuck there for 5 hours, so no protein before I left, didn't even bring a water with me so I screwed myself today. I came home drank some Decaf tea, some water and had for dinner mashed potatoes, gravy and guacamole! Oh my God, I was in heaven. Only 2 tsp of each filled my 1/4 cup and I put it in a little bowl so it looked like a full bowl. I cherished every spoon!!
I'm drinking water throughout the night to try to rehydrate. Tomorrow I will have to be diligent. It is actually the first day of real life including 5 -6 sm meals, 60-80 gms of protein, min 64 oz fluid AND vitamins.

Back