• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Anyone else a late May/early June sleeve?!

Hi All, Well I made it to PUREED FOODS!! WOOOOHOOO!
I had my follow up this afternoon and he said I am doing amazingly well. Down total of 20 lbs. I can now start my chewable vitamins eat pureed up to 1/4 cup.

My day started terrible but ended amazingly well.
I took a boost shake from my fridge opened it drank some and immediately got nausea. I guess they are too thick, I keep saying it but keep trying anyhow.

Then I headed out for my follow up and I was stuck there for 5 hours, so no protein before I left, didn't even bring a water with me so I screwed myself today. I came home drank some Decaf tea, some water and had for dinner mashed potatoes, gravy and guacamole! Oh my God, I was in heaven. Only 2 tsp of each filled my 1/4 cup and I put it in a little bowl so it looked like a full bowl. I cherished every spoon!!
I'm drinking water throughout the night to try to rehydrate. Tomorrow I will have to be diligent. It is actually the first day of real life including 5 -6 sm meals, 60-80 gms of protein, min 64 oz fluid AND vitamins.
wow that's so exciting! Great job on the weight loss and so happy for you and your pureed stage! I CAN:T WAIT GIRL hahaha. Did it feel any different when you were eating it? LIke did you feel full quicker than on the liquids? Or was it still a bit nauseating?

wow that's so exciting! Great job on the weight loss and so happy for you and your pureed stage! I CAN:T WAIT GIRL hahaha. Did it feel any different when you were eating it? LIke did you feel full quicker than on the liquids? Or was it still a bit nauseating?
Thanks! Come on hirl yiu are right behind me. No nausea, pure bliss. 1/4 of a cup is not alot but is was so psychologically satisfying. No fullness, maybe a little different but I will say this, very strange eating without drinking lol

Hi all, breakfast and lunch today was, scrambled eggs, morning star sausage, ketchup, guacamole and so doggone delish. . Dinner tonight I'm making the family, pan seared cod fish with brown rice and salad, tatziki sauce.
I am having pan seared cod fish with mashed potatoes, and tatziki sauce. Trying to have what they have. This is going to help my hubby see I'm eating normal food just different texture than him for 3 weeks. My dr says I'm on pace to be on regular food very quickly.

Hi all, breakfast and lunch today was, scrambled eggs, morning star sausage, ketchup, guacamole and so doggone delish. . Dinner tonight I'm making the family, pan seared cod fish with brown rice and salad, tatziki sauce.
I am having pan seared cod fish with mashed potatoes, and tatziki sauce. Trying to have what they have. This is going to help my hubby see I'm eating normal food just different texture than him for 3 weeks. My dr says I'm on pace to be on regular food very quickly.
That’s wonderful! Glad you are moving forward so well and that your stomach is cooperating.

Not to change the subject but does anyone recommend a good scale??
Mine is Healthometer brand from Walmart. Not sure which model, but it records the weight for 2 people, and lets me know last week's weight, and how many lbs and tenths of lbs I've gained or lost since my last weigh-in.

I only weigh myself once weekly; for me I chose Mondays because that's my surgery day. It's easy to get obsessed by weighing too often, and it does me more harm than good to see each daily fluctuation. I record in my notebook my weekly weight, and lbs/ozs lost (or gained), plus my pre-surgery weight along with total lbs/ozs lost or gained.

Good luck in your journey!

I'm new here can anyone tell me where to go and look to find out what vitamins I should take?
the nutritionist gave me many to try but the celebrate make me so sick I was vomiting and in the bathroom for two days.
she said it could be the iron that made me sick I'm not sure. so today i tried Bariatric multi vitamins no iron the taste to me is horrible but i keep burping up the taste. I know I need to find a good vitamin but which one??

I'm new here can anyone tell me where to go and look to find out what vitamins I should take?
the nutritionist gave me many to try but the celebrate make me so sick I was vomiting and in the bathroom for two days.
she said it could be the iron that made me sick I'm not sure. so today i tried Bariatric multi vitamins no iron the taste to me is horrible but i keep burping up the taste. I know I need to find a good vitamin but which one??
I was directed to take Flintstones chewable my 1st month post-surgery so I found the generic Walmart version. After that, beginning month 2, I took/take Kroger's Adult Vitamin (same as Centrum), also Kroger's versions of Vit C, Vit D3, Calcium Citrate bc of less stomach upset, and Vit B12. I also take 2 daily biotin gummies and 2 glucosamine chondroitin, as well as prescription Iron + Vitamin C every other day.

My 6 month bloodwork came back perfect, except I had to start taking my B12 every other day. Kroger's usually has bogo sales on their vitamins, they are much cheaper than bariatric vitamins, and they evidently are just as effective. Good luck in your search.

as Karen said, you can do Flintstones and a surprising bunch of other chewables. but ask your nutritionist. when it comes to nutrition, you need help seriously after WLS.

don't ask us for reliable advice on this. you need a metabolic panel and a doctor and nutritionist who can work together.

you also need to make sure any Rxs don't conflict with your supplements.

youre paying for these services so make sure you ask all the questions and make all the reports you need to. ask a pro.

Back