• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Approximately Two Weeks Post-Op

Tea

Hello,

I stumbled across this site, and I am glad I did. I had the Rouen-Y Gastric Bypass on 17 June. For the most part, everything my doctor and his team has told me has been true. However, I am now finding I cannot drink water anymore.

Before entering my quest for weight loss surgery, I would drink anything but water. As I moved through the process and met the milestones required, I learned to love water. Now, I am confused.

Has anyone experienced problems with water?

I just put different types of sugar free flavor packs such as crystal light. I have found a few things I was surprised that I can no longer tolerate. My biggest problem is milk and soy milk. I need the protein but the thickness and taste are just nasty to me now. Just find a flavor you can add that will help you get it down. I have been told that it will pass. I hope this helps.

I found a lot of things I loved and were stables for me had no appeal after surgery. Water was difficult to get down. I found low calorie Gatoraid worked for me in the first weeks. Gradually the desire for certain things came back but others, no way. Everyone reacts differently to the surgery, yours is still brand new, Don't over react to these situations just deal with them as they arise and adapt. Your future is bright and congratulations.

cheers

Diet Propel

I have found that Diet Propel sits really well with me. It isn't too sweet (I like the grape most) and it just hits the spot thirst wise. ;)

Congrats on the surgery. As Dennis said, your journey is just beginning. Take each challenge and find a solution that works for you. As time goes by it will get easier, but you'll need to experiment with things to find both what you like and what you can tolerate.

Frank

:cool:

Thanks everyone for the helpful tips. Since the surgery, I just thought life would be only a little different and did not expect tolerances for certain staples to be so different.

Whew, bariatric surgery is a true life style change. I am up for the change and journey as my alternatives are not options.

Wishing everyone continued success!

Hi and welcome! I'm newly post-op as well(June 10). I'm fine with drinking plain water most days but when I do want to mix up my drinking I use vitamin water zero. There are lots of flavors to choose from and I find a few of them pretty tasty and easy to get down. However, since my surgery, they taste a bit too sweet or strong, so I usually water them down a bit just to bring the flavor down. Just keep trying different things until you find a few you like so you'll have some options. Good luck to you!!!
-Jenny

Back