• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Big Ball of Emotions...

JeepGirl13

:eek:
I am due to have my RNY on Dec 20th. I have fought long and hard to get my surgery and now I am so worried about all the unknowns. I do try to keep my eye on the future but it all seems so far away now. This week espcially with this .. pre surgery diet , all the preperation ... the protein shakes to buy, the vitamins, the fluids.. is so overwhelming. Im scared I will back out of it...
I may be overthinking?

Don't over think it. Relax.....I was just like you, believe me. It is scary, but it will be fine. BREATHE Let us know how you are doing. Please keep checking in.

Never look back - always forward. Keep remembering the reasons you made this decision. We're all here for you- cheering!

Hi JeepGirl. You are overthinking it but that's ok we all did at least I did, I was on an emotional rollercoaster from the day I set my surgery date until they rolled me into the operating room and told me to count backward starting from 100. I know it is difficult but try to relax and take things one day at a time, make sure to try some different protien shakes and don't stock up on them, there will be plenty of time for that later, the next time you go shopping stop by your local health food store and see what they have for vitamins and with the fluids just get them in as best you can, that seems to be the hardest thing post surgery so don't feel like your alone if you find it hard to get the recommended 64 oz in. It's normal to be scared but remember we are all here to chat with and look for a local live support group for more support. Follow the doctors direction, you will do fine. :cool: Tom

Thank YOU ALL..

I knew there was a reason I sought this support group out... well... My wiser than her age Daughter .. told me to find a group like you Amazing People... Thnak you so much, today is a new day.. I IWLL get thru it!! Im off to work , but will check back in later and let you all know how Im doing.. Bless You All...

JeepGirl-If you only knew how many dozen's of posts are in this forum regarding overwhelming emotions before and even after surgery. Your surgery date is not that far away and will be here and gone before you realize it. You're not overthinking anything. What you are going through emotionally is perfectly normal and is to be expected. Just focus on getting things ready for yourself and take everything a day at a time. You will do just fine and you have all of us here to lean on for support. Just keep us posted so we know how you are doing.

Always look forward never back, you are getting a second chance at life, you can do this , it's not easy but it's so worth it, god luck with you journey, keep us posted

Back