• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Caffeine

ascooke63

I feel so sluggish since giving up my morning coffee, does anyone know of something safe to help you feel more energized. Ive never tried the energy drinks or shots because i worried if they were safe and most are full of caffiene I Thought. Sandra

As far as I know all of the energy drinks have caffeine in them. I was told by the surgeon that I could start drinking regular coffee 3 months after surgery. Check with your surgeon about using caffeine so at least you will have a timeline to look forward to. I can start having it in 3 more days and even have it marked on my calendar *LOL*.

Another thing to consider is that you are going to be extremely tired for at least 2 or 3 months after surgery regardless if you drink regular coffee or not. Your body needs time to heal and when you consider the low amount of calories you are consuming along with rapid weight loss plus the healing process it's a triple energy zapper. Hang in there.

Good Morning Sandra, Pat is right it is a long healing prosses. One of my first questions when they told me I had to cut out coffee was for how long and it was also for 3 months, so remember to ask your doctor so you have a goal to look forward to. :cool: Tom

Yes they did say for 3 months after surgery im counting the days did you guys feel sluggish without it? What are some of your pick me ups?

Yes they did say for 3 months after surgery im counting the days did you guys feel sluggish without it? What are some of your pick me ups?

I don't think you are going to find anything that works as a pick me up until your body heals. It's going to take from 2 to 3 months before you start getting your energy back. If you were allowed to drink coffee right now even a gallon a day isn't going to help. Just follow your meal plan, get your protein and fluids in and SLEEP and take NAPS and REST as much as possible. Your body is trying to tell you to take things easy right now, that's why you feel sluggish.

Back