• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Day 9 weird pain

Pam626

Hello, I am new to the forum and need advice. I had my surgery on July 2nd. Pain was getting much better until yesterday. The skin area between the incision on the left side and the incision directly to the right hurts everytime i get up and move. It is the oddest pain it feels like my skin is being stretched beyond belief starts to burn and makes me cry and only stops when i sit or lay down. Anyone have any ideas that can help this?????
Thanks
pam:confused:

Hi Pam, Welcome. That pain does not sound familiar, I did have some pain from rolling over, laughing or coughing. Your pain concerns me, if it is red and tender to the touch, swollen or has a bad oder that needs to be treated right away. Please call your Doctor ASAP, please! Tom

You need to make an immediate appointment with your doctor. Pain is an indication that something is wrong, possibly an infection. Please let us know how things turn out.

Yes The others a right, always consult your doctor when any thing strange happens, no question or call to them is ever silly or senseless and I sure hope they dont make you feel like they are. Redness, swelling, odor, pain, tenderness, fever any or all of theses can be a sign of infection. The Good Lord designed our bodies to give us warnings when something is not right. Sandra

Hello Pam, welcome. I have the same pain on the left side of my abdomen near my navel. Also have a patch of skin that is completely numb. Hurts greatly to stand up or sit down but once down, stops hurting. I am 4 wks out from my surgery. My bariatric center says this is nerve pain, nerves were messed up during surgery. Happens to some people. They say it should go away in a couple of wks, and I hope so. I was totally done with surgical pain when this started hurting. I sleep in a recliner.....and sit up in a high type chair during the day. I guess we just have to deal with it for a while. My bariatric center says they can do a temporary nerve block...hours to a day only, but it is extremely uncomfortable. So I just deal with it knowing that it will go away one of these days. Sorry you are going through this. Hang in there. And yes, call you're doctor.

you guys are awesome. I called MD says it sounds like interior stitches are pulling and unfortunately I need to wait for them to disolve. NOT FUN. i was done with all post op pain as well now this. UGH!

Back