• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

doing the pre op diet

cook5030

Surgery is 11 days away. I am getting excited and nervous. I am doing the pre-op diet and it is going ok so far. Started it last Friday. Had pre-op appt today. That went well. Down 8#'s from last visit. On my way

Cook-Sounds like you are doing real good. Congrats on the 8 lb. weight loss. If you find yourself having a hard time just let us know but it looks like you will do just fine.

Hi Cook,
Congratulations!!!!!! We are walking the same path. My surgery is the 18th and I too am doing the pre-op diet. Started the diet on the 4th and so far doing ok. Like you I am excited and nervous at the same time. More excited and looking forward to the end result more than anything else. Yahoo

Hi sunshine, we will have to keep posting as to our status. I have 8 days left till surgery:) It is going by fast! Super excited.... Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing.

Congratulations!!! My surgery is coming up fast as well-Dec 17th. Next week is pre-op testing.
We don't do the long pre-op diet-ours is only 2 days. But, I will do 3 days-just for one day extra.
I will really start getting more nervous towards the end of next week.
It really helps me that I not only work at the hospital I am having it at, but, the unit I work night shift on is right next to the one I will be in.
I have been visiting my support group members there that have had their surgeries.

All will go well for us!!!

Carol

congratulations Carol! It's good that you have a support group that you meet with. It is coming up fast. Good luck to you and remember to come back and let us know how you are doing.

Great job! We're doing it 8 days of liquid diet down 7 to to go. I too have lost weight about 10# so far feelinggood all things considered.

Last visit with primary care physician tomorrow for the go ahead on Friday:) Excited and getting a little more nervous....I will post again tomorrow after appt.

My Surgeon visit will be on this Thursday and Surgery pre-op is supposed to call on Friday with the time of the surgery and arrival time on the 17th, etc...
I have some pre-op stuff to do today and tomorrow and on Thursday along with the surgeon's visit.
We are moving along......

Carol

All cleared for surgery on Friday. 2 more days of solids and protein shakes then 1 day of clear liquids. Then a new beginning. I am down a total of 10 pounds since 11/30. Good luck to every one else with upcoming surgeries.

Back