• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Drinking

Hello Worth it,

Welcome, try typing drinking, glasses, water or any related key word into the search and you will get all the threads for that subject from that forum. You may need to try it in the different forums to find the exact information you need. Everything has been discussed here at one time or other. You may have to separate the wheat from the chafe but you will find some good insight for the topic you are searching. Good luck.

Cheers

Getting in the 64 oz is not as hard as it seems, but it does require changing your habits. You should carry a water bottle with you and sip from it all day long, except 30 minutes before and after eating. I too had a hard time at first, but I kept at it by recording each time I finished my water bottle, so I'd know how many I had left. It worked for me, give it a try. And remember you've only been at this just over 3 weeks. It will come, if you keep working at it.

Frank

:cool:

I have not had the surgery yet and my max is 45 oz. Working on it and I am sure you are as well. You can only do your personal best.

BTW I love my 20 oz filter sports bottle. I fill it 3 times a day and try to drink it all but it is a work in progress

best of wishes
Sharon

I too have difficulty with the water intake. I supplement it with sugar free popsicles and that has helped me a lot. Keep looking for alternatives, you'll find what works for you.

I definitely have trouble getting it all in too. And drinking plain water right now is hard on my pouch. The SF popsicles def help they are a fav of mine too!!

My shakes, coffee (decaf only), tea (also decaf). popsicles, broth (mainly chicken broth but sometimes vegetable) all counted toward my daily requirement. I despise water so I used crystal lite and still do. I just sip sip sip and eventually I made it to the required amount. Jello counts too but not my favorite although I still use it from time to time. Good luck, keep on doing what you are doing and it will come. Joy

Back