• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feelin good today

Jen72

Im doing well with my weight loss have good energy just starting to notice my clothes fitting. So why does my family have to rain on my peraide? They keep telling me that Im loosing too fast. Isint this the whole point of surgery? Im just going to keep on doing the best I can to stick to the plan every day. It has not been easy for me I still have to take alot of pills every day and still have to take insulin but at least now the weight loss is a sort of reward for doing the right things and take care of myself. yeah for me:cool::eek:

I think its great your family worries about you. It just as big an adjustment for them as for you, I think. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. Keep it up and we'll meet you on the other side of skinny.

cheers

Jen, Congrats on your progress. Glad to hear that your family is concerned. Invite them to a support group where they can ask questions and get answers, or take them to an orientation meeting.

Frank

:cool:

My husband had the same concerns. But after talking to him and explaining to him that it's normal, and he also read some information for himself he is now fine and understanding. It's good that your family is concerned!! This is a total life changing experience. Good luck to you, and congrats on your weight loss to date!!! :)

They should be watching your blood work to see if things are going too fast. It sounds normal to me. It's nice to have family that cares so much. It might help if they could attend a support group with you because I am sure they have questions. Keep up the good work.

Back