• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Fighting Dehydration

OK, it's been almost 3 hours and I tried the Wild Purple Blast popsicles. In a word, YUMMY :) :) :)

If I can find diet grape Crush soda I am going to make some using it. I have already made some with diet orange Crush and they turned out very tasty. I bought some diet A&W root beer and will be making those eventually. I remember root beer popsicles as a kid but haven't seen any in the store, they were my favorite. They used to make root beer flavored Fizzies too and us kids would fight over them *LOL*

If you try using soda for popsicles make sure to stir most of the bubbles out before pouring it into the molds or paper cups. I find that if I don't stir out the bubbles the popsicles get big air pockets in them and overflow the molds or paper cups while they are freezing.

I never even thought of soda for popsicles that sounds good, I guess as long as we take out the carbonation it would be ok frozen, when summer finally gets here I will have to try it, So far we have had a few warm days and lots of cool and cloudy days all spring. I am not complaining though it keeps down on the power bill, because when it gets hat it is hot. I know a few of our stores sell the popsicle molds in the seasonl ilses I will have to get some soon. :cool: Tom

The carbonation will go away on its own when the pop freezes but it will make those big air pockets I was talking about. You'll end up with big holes in your popsicles and they tend to break apart and drip more when you are eating them. I actually like the popsicles made with pop the best, even better than the Jello popsicles. The thing with the Jello popsicles is they are a little more satisifying since there is some texture to them. An added bonus is the Jello popsicles don't drip *LOL*

Hi Pat, it's the Wild Purple Blast that reminds me of the grape popcicles I had when I was a kid, I am going to freeze some this summer to see if they are like that frozen. The third one is Berry Blue Typhoon. :cool: Tom

Hi NanaG, My grandkids havent found it yet but they usually have a soda when they come over anyways, when I was a kid soad was a treat and now a days it seems like the norm, even when I was over weight I rarely drank soda, it was either tea, water, coffee, beer or wine, Now it is hawiaan punch, water, coffe or tea, but I can live with that:D Tom

Tom-Last week I popped into WalMart for some EAS and pet food and decided to check to see if they had any Hawaiin Punch Fruit Juicy Red. They only had ONE box :( However, I saw a flavor that I never saw before called Orange Ocean. I don't know if it's new or if I just got lucky that day to come across it. I made one yesterday and I have to say it could very well be my new favorite:) They only had one box of it on the shelf. It tastes much better than Crystal Light Sunrise and Tang. I always have to add 2 packs of sweetener to any of my powdered beverages but find the Ocean Orange close to being sweet enough for me if I use the whole packet in my 24 ounce cup with ice. When I make the Fruit Juicy Red or Purple Berry Blast I only use 1/2 packet of flavor and 2 sweeteners.

I'm going to try to get to WalMart tomorrow afternoon on my way home from the Physical Medicine doctor I see every 3 months. Maybe I will have better luck finding the punch and orange during the week instead of the mad weekend rush. I'm down to the last can of Friskies so if I don't come home tomorrow with at least cat food I might not be able to get in the house. All of you cat "owners" out there I'm sure can relate when I say you don't own a cat, they own you *LOL*

i was having trouble drinking water but its weird the more i drink water cold with ice the more i want water but my limit seems to be 33 oz a day so far but i started out at 6 oz a day and i got the rest of my life to get it up there so one day at a time i will keep upping my watger intak

popsicles are my favorite. sugarfree of course. the more i blend my liquids with ice to give the slushy consistancy the better i do.

Ounce for ounce, you'll get better, more effective hydration with an electrolytic drink like Sqwincher or any of several others on the market.

Run it past your nutritionist first but it's unlikely you'll get any objection.

Back