• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

FINALLY got a date!

Dreamz64

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that I finally got a date. July 16th, and it cant get here soon enough.

I went to the Dr on Wednesday and they gave me August 17th as my surgery date.. Ughhh.. Of course I pouted since they had told me about 6 weeks when I was there in May, however the office called first thing the next morning and said the doctor opened up a few more days for surgeries and they had moved me up an entire month!!! ;) So July 16th it is, and I am one happy little bugger.

I have lost 8 pounds so far just by changing a few things and walking and doing some toning exercises, but now that I have a date, I have picked it up a few notches. I walked 2 miles last night instead of 1, and joined a local gym. I have my "gotta get" list ready and we are going shopping this weekend to get all of the vitamins and other goodies that I will need to be successful in this journey!

I cant believe how excited I am to finally get a date after so many months of prep and waiting! Over the moon doesnt even begin to describe how I feel..... :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for all of the support over the past few months and I look forward to even more in the up coming months!

Big Hugs to all........Kelly

Congratulations on your surgery date!! I will have mine on 6/18 and my nerves are getting the best of me. I think I'm pretty well prepared just anxious I guess.

Good luck on the 18th leanne0603, and be sure to keep us posted!! For some reason, I am not nervous at all. Maybe once it gets closer, but so far I am ready to GIT-R-DONE!!

Congratulations to all of you, I know how excited I was when I got my surgery date, I wish you both great success in your New Journeys, I to received a surgery date last week it's for October 17, for my tummy tuck and I can't wait , this has been such a great time and I look foreword to many more thanks to my descision to take charge of my life and turn back the clock, I hope your experience is as good as mine :)

Congrats to both of you. Your life is about to undergo a radical change for the better. Use the tool and stop by and ask for help when you need it and offer encouragement whenever you can.

Frank

:cool:

Thank you sooooo much! I am still over the moon with excitement. Living in Central NY, I hate to wish the summer away, but....COME ON JULY 16th!! :eek:

congratulations!
You sound like you are ready to go.

can you share your "gotta get" list? I am scheduled for July 22nd and I am starting to feel anxious - what should I have in the house? I was given a pre- surgery clear liquid diet list for the day before - but I do not see the doctor again until first week in July - I gotta get a "gotta get" list.

Sigourney

Back