• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Full Body Lift February 4th

I've written 1500 posts and gotten more than 4000 reactions but I was on sabbatical when you joined up. Brenda told me she felt the need to step up and do everything she could to keep the group strong, and she did, and she's a star!

That girl never even whines! She could be so defeated by what's happened in her life, but instead, she rose above it, and we all benefit from her courage here. I'm so glad you've had the benefit of her personal growth journey. I'm also honored to know her. Nobody could make it happen like she can. She's going to rest appropriately, but she'll never leave because now she has even more to share.

Thanks everyone, all this support has me tearing up. :) You are all such amazing people, I love you all.

I promise to write more when I'm feeling up to it but just wanted to say that I've been home since Friday evening and now in day 5, I'm proving to be a best-case-scenario with no complications. Pain level is about what you'd expect but 100% worth it. 5 drains to care for and giving myself daily blood thinner injections for another week or so.

I can't wait to be able to stand upright to see what this body is going to look like! Because of the stomach muscle tightening, I'm hunched forward and will be for about 3-4 weeks. So far, all I can see is that my former DDDs are about a B! Not since elementary school, hehe... ;) But they're up where they're supposed to be! My sister said my belly button looks great and that things look a lot tighter, even despite the swelling. I have to take her word on that for now but had her take some pics that I'll post when I'm up to it.

Swelling on the arms is massive so I can't type long. Hopefully in another week or so, I can read what has been going on here and catch up with everyone. I hope you're all doing well and that anyone who has had surgery since I went in, is home recovering well. Have a great week guys. :)

Love,
Brenda

Thanks everyone, all this support has me tearing up. :) You are all such amazing people, I love you all.

I promise to write more when I'm feeling up to it but just wanted to say that I've been home since Friday evening and now in day 5, I'm proving to be a best-case-scenario with no complications. Pain level is about what you'd expect but 100% worth it. 5 drains to care for and giving myself daily blood thinner injections for another week or so.

I can't wait to be able to stand upright to see what this body is going to look like! Because of the stomach muscle tightening, I'm hunched forward and will be for about 3-4 weeks. So far, all I can see is that my former DDDs are about a B! Not since elementary school, hehe... ;) But they're up where they're supposed to be! My sister said my belly button looks great and that things look a lot tighter, even despite the swelling. I have to take her word on that for now but had her take some pics that I'll post when I'm up to it.

Swelling on the arms is massive so I can't type long. Hopefully in another week or so, I can read what has been going on here and catch up with everyone. I hope you're all doing well and that anyone who has had surgery since I went in, is home recovering well. Have a great week guys. :)

Love,
Brenda
And PS - they weighed the skin/tissue removed and it was 10.2 pounds. So when I get on the scale in a couple weeks after swelling goes down, I should be at or lower than my final goal weight. :)

Thanks again everyone. :) I'm doing well, way better than I'd anticipated at only day 12.

Getting around the house is getting easier every day. Still caring for drains but gave myself the last blood thinner shot (yay) & fingers are crossed that drains will come out Tuesday. Pain is completely tolerable unless I move suddenly. I've learned to think out my movements to plan an approach before moving. It's kind of funny.

Since I had my stomach muscles repaired, I have to walk/stand hunched over so it's taking a toll on my back but I'm standing a little straighter every day. Showering feels great but makes me a little queasy. Incision areas are mostly numb but touching them with soapy hands still scares me. But it's all getting easier.

It's early, not even quite 2 weeks. Based on my research, by week 4, I should feel more normal again. It still looks really gross but wanted to share at least a couple pics for anyone interested.

Under Arm:

Thanks again everyone. :) I'm doing well, way better than I'd anticipated at only day 12.

Getting around the house is getting easier every day. Still caring for drains but gave myself the last blood thinner shot (yay) & fingers are crossed that drains will come out Tuesday. Pain is completely tolerable unless I move suddenly. I've learned to think out my movements to plan an approach before moving. It's kind of funny.

Since I had my stomach muscles repaired, I have to walk/stand hunched over so it's taking a toll on my back but I'm standing a little straighter every day. Showering feels great but makes me a little queasy. Incision areas are mostly numb but touching them with soapy hands still scares me. But it's all getting easier.

It's early, not even quite 2 weeks. Based on my research, by week 4, I should feel more normal again. It still looks really gross but wanted to share at least a couple pics for anyone interested.

View attachment 2488

View attachment 2489

Under Arm: View attachment 2490
Good grief Brenda! You are so brave. That is so much to go through in one go, but you are going to look fantastic xxx

Back