• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Full Body Lift February 4th

Thanks again everyone. :) I'm doing well, way better than I'd anticipated at only day 12.

Getting around the house is getting easier every day. Still caring for drains but gave myself the last blood thinner shot (yay) & fingers are crossed that drains will come out Tuesday. Pain is completely tolerable unless I move suddenly. I've learned to think out my movements to plan an approach before moving. It's kind of funny.

Since I had my stomach muscles repaired, I have to walk/stand hunched over so it's taking a toll on my back but I'm standing a little straighter every day. Showering feels great but makes me a little queasy. Incision areas are mostly numb but touching them with soapy hands still scares me. But it's all getting easier.

It's early, not even quite 2 weeks. Based on my research, by week 4, I should feel more normal again. It still looks really gross but wanted to share at least a couple pics for anyone interested.

View attachment 2488

View attachment 2489

Under Arm: View attachment 2490
Oh my goodness! That does look painful.
I am so glad you are feeling a little better everyday. You are going to be so happy with your new body.
Congratulations.

Oh my goodness! That does look painful.
I am so glad you are feeling a little better everyday. You are going to be so happy with your new body.
Congratulations.
It actually isn't very painful as long as you're conscious of your movements and don't overdo it. Been off all pain meds for a while now. Getting out of bed for the first time in the morning is the most difficult. If you do have a significant other, assistance would make it a lot easier but I'm tough and manage alone. ;)

It actually isn't very painful as long as you're conscious of your movements and don't overdo it. Been off all pain meds for a while now. Getting out of bed for the first time in the morning is the most difficult. If you do have a significant other, assistance would make it a lot easier but I'm tough and manage alone. ;)

Wow Brenda! You are such a fighter! I am so proud of all of your hard work. I am thrilled to hear you are doing well and getting better each day. Way to go!

Back