• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Getting back to you/more help needed

desertgirl

So today I had a terrible experience. I was right on track with my protein and my water intake. I went to a church function. While there I needed to kneel. I was kneeling for about 5 minutes when I started to feel real sick. I got very lightheaded, started to sweat, felt sick and weak, and was breathing heavy. I got up and sat down. Had a few sips of water and in about 10 minutes felt fine. This really confuses me. I don't see how it is dumping syndrome. I was told that with dumping syndrome you throw up and have diarrhea. Also that it is caused by taking in too much sugar. Well I am eating the right foods (when I eat that is).
I have noticed that I am dehydrating very easy lately. (Temp been over 100 all week).
Also, I took my blood pressure and it has been around 82/44 (today), 79/41 (7/10), 96/59 (7/2) and right now it is 12:49 am 79/46.
I am thinking that my blood pressure is too low and I am also probably experiencing low blood sugar. These two things would cause dizziness.
I can't wait to see my GP on Tuesday of next week. I hope he will solve this or at least clue me in. I am also hoping that he will take me off blood pressure meds altogether.

By the way I have lost 60 pounds since my surgery (Feb 17, 2012). Is that pretty much on track? I feel like it is slow and I just hate my body right now. I am getting to look like an elephant who lost weight with all those elephant wrinkles.

So friends, because that is what you have all become, what do you think about all this?:eek:

Hi DesertGirl, Congratulations on the weight loss:D. I had the same dizzyness and low BP so I stopped taking my BP meds and my bP went back to normal. I can't recommend doing what I did and just stop, my doctor yelled at me and said I should have at least called first:eek: and then told me I didn't need the medication anymore but to still keep and eye on my PB. I would recommed getting into the doctor today to have a check with the PB and blood surgars, low blood surgars can mimic dehydration but my guess is you may be getting deydrated and I don't know how they test for that but they may have one. Please call the office today and give them your latest BP's, i don't think it would be a good idea to wait a week with BP that low, they should get you in or give you an answer today. Good luck with them. :cool: Tom

I agree you should call your Doc today, Don't wait a week continue the meds for a week could really get you down by then if you don't need them but ONLY your doctor should determine that! Keep us posted Sandra

I agree that you should call your doctor and tell him/her about your BP's, and let him/her decide whether you should stop the meds. You don't want to pass out. You may not be dehydrated at all. Low BP can cause your symptoms.

Thanks guys,
I have an appointment with my doc as soon as he gets back from vacation. I cant see him any sooner. So it is only 5 more days.

5 days is way too long to wait for your situation. I'm sure there is another doctor or PA or someone who can see you. If not you need to go to urgent care. Don't mess around with this or take a casual approach because you will not like the outcome.

I agree with everyone else, 5 days is too long to wait, you are running low BP and a fever, something is going on....do not wait...even if you have to go to the ER, make sure you tell them that you are a bariatric patient! Does your doctor not have anyone on call for emergencies?? Please get seen ASAP and keep us posted

Hey everyone,
I saw my GP today and he said that I need to lower the dosage of my blood pressure medicine and that I should have called him immediately. My bad. My sugar is down to normal. Wonderful. I have another appointment in a month to see how the pressure is doing. If I find it reading normal 120/.80 then I don't need to see him in a month but in 3 months. He is so funny. He said: I am killing you with meds.

DESERTGIRL-I'm happy to hear the issue was resolved. I don't mean to preach but please don't wait so long to seek medical attention if you even think something is wrong. This surgery affects our bodies in every way imaginable and we need to take the lead role when it comes to our own safety. Everyone is different and we usually know when something is not right even though we are not qualified to know what it is that is making us feel this way. Years ago I was on vacation and all of a sudden didn't feel right. I couldn't even explain to my husband exactly what my symptons were except I was extremely tired and cold. It was August and the temp was in the high 80's and he had to run the car heater all the way back home (4 1/2 hours) to try to keep me comfortable while he was sweating bullets. His mother became ill so he had to take her to the hospital the next day and I was way too sick to drive myself by then and waited yet another day to see my PCP. Ends up I had pneumonia in both lungs and bronchitis. Lesson learned by me!!!

Back