• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

home again home again

mergatroid

Hi all. Just thought i'd check in and let you know i made it through surgery ok. I'm a little sore and a lot tired and trying to get my first protein drink down. I wish everyone well.

Yay! So very glad to see you!!!

I bet you're nap-nap-napping almost much as you're sip-sip-sipping. Go ahead on. It's good for you.

Congratulations on this major step forward.

Welcome home! Rest as much as you can. Sip those fluids and try getting in the protein. Keep us posted on your progress.

Congratulations on your surgery!!!!! Happy that you are home now. Sip, sip, sip get that fluid in plus protein. Rest and then do a bit of walking around-even if it is just around your place.

Carol

hi mergatroid there's no place like home, praying you have a quick recovery, you've taken the first step to a healthy road ahead. rest while you can so you can get your strenth back.
donna

Welcome home. Hope everything went well. It's friday, and I can't believe how well I'm feeling. Sure hope you can do the same. CH ..Carla

I am so glad to hear everything went well!!:D Welcome back home and get plenty of rest and sip sip sip. :cool: Tom

Mergatroid-Glad to hear you are back home already. Get plenty of rest and drink those fluids.

Thanks for all the well wishes, you guys are great. I have been sip sip siping (probably not as much as I should be though) and nap nap napping (probably more than I should be). I'm finding it a little rough getting the protein shakes down. Yuck! I've been doing laps around the inside of my house, it's too cold to go outside. Have a great weekend.

I have been sip sip siping (probably not as much as I should be though) and nap nap napping (probably more than I should be). I'm finding it a little rough getting the protein shakes down. Yuck!

Which protein shakes have you been using? Are you mixing them with plain water, or something else? Maybe some of us could offer suggestions for some other brands or other flavors to try that might be more palatable for you.

Mergatroid-There is no such thing as napping too much after surgery. Your body needs a LOT of rest to heal so don't worry about snoozing. I have problems sleeping in general but on the rare occasions when I do manage to fall asleep and stay asleep I notice I lose weight over the course of several days.

Try thinning down your protein shakes with water or milk. This should make them easier to drink.

Did you get sample packets of the differant protein powders? There has to be one that you find better than the others. There is also high protein jello and high protein chicken soup/broth. You can get it (the chicken broth) in sample packets from both. Unjury has a high protein chicken broth and so does Bariatric advantage-both have sample packets so you can try them without getting a large container of the stuff.

Carol

Congratulations! It is good to someone just post op post, to give those of us with surgery dates coming up soon a little bit of hope. It seemed like everyone had such a rough time when they came home. I am pleased you are doing well. Sip away, and walk where and when you can. Success is in sight. Thanks for the post!

Oh I am so glad Mergatroid you are home and feeling okay....that goes for you too BamaBaby aka Carla. Hip Hip Hurrah for you both. If I could do a flip I would!!! LOL That would be a site no one would like to see. I have been thinking about the two of you a lot. Boy, I sure do wish we all lived closer to each other. I would be bringing baskets of cheer.....Now I didn't say food girls....I said cheer.....not drinks either.....Well maybe protein drinks!!! You both rest up and keep in touch. Cyber Hugs....

1stepatatime aka Laurie

WELL DONE, Mergatroid!!! Glad it want well, now my turn on Monday, 1st case 0730. It was for 11 or so but they called and asked if I could come for 5:30 am so I could have the 7;30 slot, YES I can. Get it done and overwith!!! Want it go well, want the doc rested. I wanted a Board Certified Anesthesiologist and they gave me a big argument but I wrote to the Chief and he made it happen after a few told me NO, that is not going to happen in a "Teaching Hospital" but I pointed out their Patient Rights published on net and given to all pre op patients says you can refuse to see student or anyone else without being denied care. So I am happy that I will not have a Resident doing my anesthesia, they are fine and I have had them many times but this surgery for a number of reasons for me, seemed to call for a seasoned, experienced Anesthesiologist. I am going to the Best Hospital, have the BEST SURGEON so now will have competent anesthesia.
Mergatroid let us know how you are doing and I will try to do the same. Send me energy if you have any left over :))(my double chin)

Back