• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

home from the hospital

Well I am home and doing great! I walked within a few hours and kept moving so the gas pains never got me. I felt a LITTLE uneasy going in the hospital but now that it is over I am glad I didn't back out.

Congratulations on your recent surgery!!!! Sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk!!! Follow your Team's instructions.

You will do fine. This is the beginning of your continuing journey of learning the ways of the pouch!

Carol

Congratulations young grasshopper. Your WLS journey has begun in earnest now. Follow the plan laid out for you and you'll do great. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Frank

:cool:

Glad you are home and doing well. Sip sip sip and chew chew chew. Good luck as you continue on your journey to healthy eating and general good health.

Thanks all

I do have a question. How long does it take to get back to the pre-surgery state. I tried to do my walk today and wow it wore me out. I did a 15 minute and a 6 minute walk. My doctor said to try to get back to thirty minutes but with the heat and fatigue it aint happening today. I am using a timer to remind me to drink. I am drinking one ounce ever 15 minutes and will try to build from there. I don't want to over due it but I sure don't want to not do enough. (if that makes any sense) ideas welcome.

L'Chayim! Take your time, don't be in a hurry, everyone is different. But from what you said, It sound as if you have a lot bounce in you.

What Dennis said. For me, it took about three weeks to recover to pre surgery levels. I started walking a mile two days after getting home, but they were slow ones and I was worn out. By the end of three weeks, I was at three miles and not as winded. Now I do 6 mile walks, run 3 to 4 miles and feel great when I'm done. Give it time, the stamina will come as will the increased energy levels.

Frank

:cool:

You have to factor in the heat at this time of year. You might have more stamina if you walked in the mall or in a store where it's air-conditioned.

Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went well for you. Sounds like you're doing great, keep up the good work!

Back