• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I did it!

mmccarty

I live in a lake town. People always talk about riding bicycles around the lake. I would never even attempt it. Riding a bike hurt me so bad and I was afraid I would make it to the other town and not be able to ride home. I was far too afraid of the embarrassment. Well last Sunday I did it. I went all the way around the lake. 16 miles! And today I went around it TWICE! Even pulling the bike trailer with my 2 kids in it, to take them to daycare. THIRTY-TWO miles in 3 hours, no break! I don't think I have ever been so proud of myself.
I just wanted to share since I know several people are close to surgery or fresh from surgery and I wanted to give them encouragement. I had a very rough start post surgery and I NEVER felt I would be where I am today. I am 6lbs from reaching my goal and feeling better than I have for 15 years! Good luck to everyone!

That is great! congratulations

And yes inspiration is a great thing for those of us just getting started. Thank you for the story
Best wishes
Sharon

OUTSTANDING NSA Way to face your fear and do it the first time, but to take your kids with the second time, that had to be special.

Frank

:cool:

Back