• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just Two More Days!!!!!!!

JMelonie

I cant believe that the big day is almost here. Before it seemed like this day would never get here. This morning I recieved a call from the NP stating that my post-op labs found nothing significant, but she requested that I take a high dosage Iron Pill (to start immediately before surgery). In addition, I had anticipated that I would lose 20 pounds durning my 2 week protein shake diet and I am approching 19 pounds weight lose so far (took 3 weeks, I started 1 week earlier as a head start). I must say that the 2 week protein diet has been the most difficult for me, but I have learned so much about myself and my relationship with food. I only hope that I have the courage and motivation to continue in this path of good health. [5'9, Female, 289lbs, Sleeve scheduled for April 3rd].

Hi JMelonie, you've already shown that you have both the courage and motivation to be successful. Deciding to have the surgery and moving forward takes courage and motivation. I would suggest finding that one thing that pushed you over the edge, the final straw if you will, to choose to move forward with the surgery. Then get something that reminds you of that straw and pull it out every time you start to feel weak. For me it was my 5 year old Grandson, who asked me to lay on the floor so he could climb a mountain. I have his picture on my cell phone and whenever I'm feeling tempted, I pull it out and remember why I'm going down this path. Hope that helps.

Frank

:cool:

Tomorrow is The Big Day!

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Reading everyone's post, has kept me focus and motivated. Will send an update as soon as I can.

Good luck on your special day and in beginning this journey. Come back often and let us know how you are doing.

YAY!!! Its Surgery DAY!!! Good Luck!!! We'll all be waiting to here about the begining of your "new life" !!! :)

Thank you all for the support. Four days post-op and I'm feeling much better! I must say the hospital stay was the worst; felt horrible and had a two day stay opposed to an over-night stay.

I have a heighten sense of smell sense having the surgery; I smell everything. Good prep/cooking makes me really queazy. Other than that, I trying maintain my liquid intake (every 20 mins) not sure how I will be able to take in the 80-90 recommended protein, but it's a work in progress.

Thanks Again!

Back