• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Liquid Diet

Hi Cynthia

My surgery was the 21st and I also am having problems getting the stuff down. And get nauseous a lot. I hope it gets better I go to dr on Monday I wish u luck.

Good to know I'm not alone. Harder than I expected but feel better with the weight I have already lost, looking forward to sorting out the new life habits.
Good luck to you too.

"Chewable" vits and calcium citrate: Are they like Tums or more like gummybears? I was thinking gummybear stuff would not be good if you have the Gastric Bypass.
When people say they are vomiting, is it like vomiting when you have a virus or is it more like regurgitation?
Now that I have my date of course I am going over all my questions of WHAT IN HELL AM I DOING and will I be able to sit at the table and eat normal foods but just less of them or is it a complete and permanent change of what can be eaten? My partner is worried we will never eat the same things, special cooking for me etc.

It's a total life change. More than I expected but everyone says it gets easier in a year or so when the stomach heals. If you can lose the weight without the surgery I suggest you try as hard as you can. Your partner has to be with you 100% as the foods you can eat definitely changes. My family has been great but very much a change in the first month after surgery is like being a baby, eating pureed foods, blended foods. I can only eat a few ounces of food at a time and eat 6 times a day or I'm exhausted. However, that said, I was 290 at one point and I was miserable. My sister had the same surgery and it has been near 10 years and she swears it was the best thing ever. Hope that helps...
Cynthia

Thanks for your message. I have tried everything I can think of to lose this blubber. I rarely look in a mirror because the person looking back at me is not me, menopause was very mean to me!!! So I see you lost 30 pounds since your operation or was it since the two weeks before operation when you started the Protein diet? I am hoping this works well for me, not crazy about vomiting, and pain but willing to most anything to end up losing this weight.
How about you people who are a year out or more, what are you eating and what difficulties are you having if any. I am hoping to be able to eat most things but with much smaller portions. I was camping with someone and they did not come to our Potluck dinner and someone said it was because she had RNY some years ago. So this worried me that she is still eating pureed food or cannot have most food or something. Of course, I did not ask her.

Back