• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

my journey has begun

polo4058

hello everyone,
ihave been reading all of your replys. i havent done much chatting or replying or whatever. i have finally gotten my surgery date. i have lost 13 lbs since beginning to think about wls. my wls will be nov 12. i just completed my first appt and because i told
the surgeon i needed this surgery to be completed by dec 31 because all of my deductibles have been met for the year.
i will have the psyche eval on tues oct 23 my nutritionist on oct 25. my hospital pre-op on nov 8. WOW everything has really
happened fast.
he also told me to start shrinking my liver by drinking 4 oz of warm water and a packet of true lemon crystals twice a day. he
says we should all be doing this as it is very cleansing. i hate lemon but it really isnt bad at all. i drink it the first thing in
the morn and last thing at night.
i was very concerned about my age 72 but that didnt seem to matter to him. i will really use this site as a support group and
will find one after the surgery. in fact i must attend one before the surgery and there is only one avaiable for next week.

Yay, congrats to you for getting your surgery date!! Exciting!! I hope it goes really well for you and you have an easy recovery, I look forward to following your progress and your successes! =)
Hugs
Brandy

Hi Polo. Congrats! It's great to hear your doctor is willing to work with you:D Make sure to do exactly as they tell you so there is no delay, let us know how you are doing. :cool: Tom

Polo-Congratulations on your surgery date, I am very happy for you. It's always nice to see a post from you :) :) :) Just be sure to let us know how you are doing.

Hey Polo, congrats on the date. It's great. Follow the advice from the others. I look forward to hearing more about your journey.

Hi Polo.. I also am an older surgery patient. I am 64 yrs old and had the surgery last June 20th. So Im almost 4 months post op. Im doing great and so glad I had the surgery. Good Luck and keep us posted!

Oops.. I didnt see the year 2012 on the posts. Its been almost a year. How did you do with your surgery?

Back