• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Need to vent

Kim M

I had a very stressful week at work last week and got a bit off track with my food. The anxeity of getting my work done and having so many people depend on me is part of my job. I'm too old to change jobs and I really do like what I do. This Thursday is going to be overwhelming. I am trying to prepare myself and schedule time in for lunch. At the end of the day I got an e-mail that I have to attend a discharge meeting. This is going to be 3 very stessful meetings. I am hoping to get back to my office before my last meeting. I bring lunch, but can't just take it out while meeting with a client. I do listen to a relaxation tape at night. I am starting at the gym on Wed. I guess my biggest fear is my job will effect my ability to follow my food plan. Anyway any suggestions on how to manage stress and job responsibilites and still follow my food plan. This doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it throws me off for a few days. I have numerous limitations on food's I can eat due to another medical condition. I have been able to follow that food plan as there is an immediate consequence if I eat somthing I'm not suppose to. I have not had chocolate for 4 years and this was my go to food. Sometimes I just can't put myself first. I am sure others have had these problems whether it be at work or home. thanks for listening. I have had 2 good days and am trying to take one day at a time. I hate to whine. Need some positive energy sent my way.

positive energy coming your way

Sorry about all your busy work, I am hoping it doesn't happen to me as well. Sending some of my positive energy and hope all works out.

Kim-Just keep a supply of things you can eat handy at work, that's all you can really do. You mentioned you haven't had hot chocolate in 4 years. Is this because you can't have it anymore or is it because you stopped for another reason? There is a bariatric hot chocolate available with lower carbs and high protein. You can also make your own by buying "diet" hot chocolate and addinmg plain protein powder and maybe adding some no calorie sweetener. I make mine with cocoa, instant powdered milk, sweetener, protein powder and water. I also add 2 or 3 teaspoons of non-dairy powdered creamer to make it richer tasting. You can make a big batch by mixing up all the dry ingredients and take it to work and just add hot water. There are also a lot of pre-packaged bariatric entrees available that just need water added to them and heated in a microwave. Check out the store in this forum, just go to the home page and you will find a link to get you there.

Last edited:
Hang in there Kim, and remember sometimes you do need to put yourself first so if you need a meal and can't eat keep a protien shake at the ready, that should be easy enough to drink while you are with a client and can't eat. :cool: Tom

Kim, I find the best thing about going to the gym is that I don't think of anything while I am there, no work, no problems at home. I just zone out and concentrate on my breathing and my book on tape. I hope that going helps you.

I was able to get a quick lunch in today. Just some yogurt. Quick and easy. Very stressful day, but I got through it. Pat I have had an inner ear disease for 14 years. I discoved on another support group that for some people making adjustments in your diet helped reduce vertigo attacks. I was desperate, I was on so many meds and the doctor wanted to do surgery to remove my inner ear. So I started to elimate foods. Chocolate, coffee, all citrus, some vegtables any boxed products anything with MSG and any artifical flavoring and the list goes on. I have successfully reduced my attacks by 90%. Everything I eat is on both of my food plans. So I have not been able to have alot of the things suggested. I eat the same thing most of the time. I think I share this with Anderson Cooper LOL! I so appreciate all the support I get here. It really has helped me on some really down days.

Kim-That makes it rough to find things you can eat. Two more suggestions though, egg whites and tofu.

Back