• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New. How do I get protein in?

Hello. I still have a problem getting enough protein in so I supplement with the protein shots. The taste isn't that great but I will tolerate it to get the protein. I was drinking the EAS Myoplex Lite protein shakes until I noticed how many carbs there are in them. I now drink Pure Protein shakes. They are good and only 2 or 3 carbs depending on the flavor. I also like the BSN Lean Protein Dessert powder from Amazon. They can be mixed with water, low carb or low fat milk. Some times I add 1/4C Greek low fat yogurt to get extra protein. I hope this helps.

Gracie and Donna,

You can make your own protein Jello-O. Make some sugar free Jell-O minus 3 tablespoons of the water. After adding the cold water add a scoop of protein powder, unflavored and vanilla flavor would taste the best. Stir until the protein powder disolves completly. Chill until set.

I just ordered some Unjury unflavored protein powder. I'm definitely trying that. My date is December 10. I meet with the dietician next week. Supposed to be today but of course the doc was running behind! Can you imagine?

Tbearfan-EAS makes a low carb version of protein drinks. Look for CarbAdvantage. I get mine at Walmart for around $4.79 for a 4 pack.

Back