• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

not thirsty but drinking anyway and stuff

NanaG67

Well 3 days post op, I am drinking what I can but not really thirsty. I am cold in my room, but can't tell which is worse. I am drinking water, decaf iced tea was told I was allowed thank goodness, I love iced tea. Also drinking sugar free crystal light raspberry ice, but it leaves my mouth dried out. Also have liquid hydrocodone, but I hate the taste, they said there were no other options.

I am only taking a few prescription meds and my vitamins. Took a walk to the mailbox and back, can't just sleep all day. Though I could probably crash again.

Did anyone really need any assistance when they got home from the hospital. My daughter is having some issues with her husband and I don't want to make him mad, so I let her leave. She will be gone all night I made sure she took my granddaughter with her, so I'm all alone. My husband is still at work, and not sure what time he will get home, I am thinking not till 8pm cause he had the last 3 days off

My blood sugar and blood pressure are good, so not worried there. I'm using my spirometer, as often as I can.

Did I do the wrong thing keeping the peace and letting my daughter leave for the night?? her husband has already moved out and she has spent the last 3 days with him, but I didn't want him to get angry if she needed to stay with me

Bless you NaNa sorry it had be a choice she should have said your a big boy see ya when my dad gets home. You are the one that needs her now. but thats just my opionion and you know what they everyone s got one. praying for you dont try anything strenuous while your alone

I'm not doing anything strenuous. I walked slowly around the yard, kept my cell phone in hand just in case I needed to make a quick call. I brought in my hummingbird feeder and washed it out to refill it, but couldn't find the mix I bought, so i left it in the sink and came back to my room.

Hi NanaG, I think you will be OK, as long as your feet are steady and aren't having any complications you should be fine. I didn't need much help around the house post op, although it was nice to have one of my grand kids wait on me when they were here, I slept a lot any ways. :cool: Tom

You sound like you are capable of being left alone. Just please don't do too much physically. Take very good care of yourself.

I think most of us were capable of fending for ourselves after WLS. I couldn't wait to be discharged from the hospital so I could have some alone time. Since I live alone there was no one there to wait on me anyway. When my niece's called to ask if I needed anything I polietly said "no thank you". Plus, I have 3 pets that I needed to take care of as well. All was good!!!

As for your question regarding your daughter, if she didn't want to be with her husband she wouldn't have gone. Besides, she's an adult and can make her own decisions. I'm pretty sure if she felt you couldn't be left alone she would have insisted on staying and worked things out with her hubby.

Try diluting your liquid hydrocodone to make it easier to drink. You're doing the right thing by crashing when needed, your body is letting you know it needs down time to heal. Get lots of rest, take your meds and sip, sip, sip.

Nana,

Sounds like you'll be fine by yourself. Only do what you need to, the rest can wait - seriously. I wasn't thirsty either but kept drink because I didn't want to get dehydrated since I read about all the side effects that could occur if I did. I found that G2 worked for me; grape believe it or not, not straight but watered down. It was initially too sweet.

I heard from my surg that you will begin to feel cool more in the future as you lose the fat. I was like, "Hurray"! I hate being the only one at work who was hot all the time.

Only you know about the situation with your daughter & son-in-law but it's a shame that he couldn't realize that this wasn't about him; it was about his wife needing to be there for her Mom.
Perhaps we should pray for him, too.

When my husband isn't around I keep my cell phone close by in the event something may happen - so far, it's been good insurance; only needed for moral support.

Take really good care of yourself Nana.

Thank you everyone for the awesome support. I have been really good, my husband told me not to overdo it today. I went outside a little while ago and walked around my yard, watered some plants, filled my bird feeders then came back in. I think I did good. My stomach is very sore, but I know its all gas, and the Gas X isn't really helping...

Anyway, I made it through the week....can't wait to have some better options to drink. Oh, and so far I cannot do any of the protein samples, maybe tomorrow I can try a different protein.

Ah yes the bird feeders:rolleyes:, one day at a time and just take things slow and easy remember to take care of yourself and heal up and sip sip sip:cool: Tom

NanaG67

hi glad to hear you are doing well, I am sure your little birds appreciated your efforts, it's been so hot everywhere. I love to feed nature, birds, squirrels etc/ peaceful feeling when you connect with nature.
I am sure you are glad your surgery has came and gone, and success is your's now.
would you beleive I've made 3 phones and still no return phone call from surgeon's office, don't know what there issue is,I see you've lost weight this week , wow quess it comes off faster after the surgery. every pound is putting you closer to your goals.
take it easy when you can, dusting can wait , laundry too.lol anyway right now YOU"RE THE IMPORTANT ONE, take care of you, praying for speedy recovery for you.
Donna

Back