• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

October 30 day (+1) Challenge

I made a new thread for October, as the other one is getting LoOoOoOoNG!

Tracking - more days than not
Water - At least 32 of my daily ounces from plain ol' water. (I drink mostly flavored.)
Gratitude - I will list 1 thing I am grateful for each day.
* Monday is going to become ME MONDAY. Post 1 thing about yourself that you are grateful for.
Movement -
at least 15 minutes, in addition to my regular activity, every day.
Food - One meal per day will be veggie based.

Again, you can choose any of these that YOU need to challenge yourself on OR add what you need.

I made a new thread for October, as the other one is getting LoOoOoOoNG!

Tracking - more days than not
Water - At least 32 of my daily ounces from plain ol' water. (I drink mostly flavored.)
Gratitude - I will list 1 thing I am grateful for each day.
* Monday is going to become ME MONDAY. Post 1 thing about yourself that you are grateful for.
Movement -
at least 15 minutes, in addition to my regular activity, every day.
Food - One meal per day will be veggie based.

Again, you can choose any of these that YOU need to challenge yourself on OR add what you need.
Thank you for making this new thread!! I am starting it today And Love the Me Monday

I’m going to try to post at the end of each day to make sure everything is fresh in my mind. A lot falls out of my brain while I’m sleeping LOL
Day 1:
Protein
: 83/ my daily goal is 80 so once I get there I usually stop tracking
Water:72 oz
Movement: a lot of walking while grocery shopping but no formal exercise
Gratitude: I am grateful for cancelled plans (it’s been a busy week and my sons roller hockey game got cancelled)
Sleep: 7.5 hours. I’m going to try to track my hours, and next month the quality even though I hate wearing the watch to bed

Last edited:
Day 1

Protein 65
Water 75
Exercise Yes
Plank yes
Gratitude Got all of my change of the month jobs done by the 1st. Even go my billing that is due by the 5th in on the 1st. Also am grateful all the staff showed up to work, Even was able to let some go home early. Because of them I was able to get my own work done for the day.

Day 1
Tracking: Yep
Water: 32 oz plain. I drank almost a gallon but I'm only tracking plain ol' water.
Movement: Walked around the pond. It's at an incline so I climbed up and down it while walking and actually got 31 zone minutes on my fitbit, which I never get.
Food: I ate my chicken tostada on a bed of lettuce instead of a tostada shell. Add in salsa, beans, avocado etc it was definitely not meat heavy.
Gratitude: Yesterday I was grateful for my husband. It's very easy to take your spouse for granted and I'm definitely guilty of that. He worked all day, and then ran up to see my mom. Mostly to give me some time to just chill out alone in my house, which is my favorite thing.

Day 2
Protein
: 95
Water: 60 oz
Movement: a lot of house cleaning and laundry, washer and dryer are in the basement so doing the stairs a bunch have to count for something, right?
Gratitude: I am grateful for working household appliances that make my life easier
Sleep: 8.5 hours

Last edited:
Day 2
Tracking -
nope, but the goal is more days than not, so I'm okay
Water - 32 oz plain.
Gratitude -
Yesterday I was grateful for my espresso machine lol You think I'm kidding but I had to go for fasting blood work so I stopped for a latte. It turns out chain coffee shops do not really have good espresso beans. And even worse, that pumpkin spice has 1 MILLION CALORIES!! I only got 1 pump. When I looked it up, I threw it away. One pump is a quarter of a million calories!! Today, I am drinking my 72 calorie high protein, high quality morning latte as we speak. :p
Movement - All day. I didn't set aside 15 minutes. I stepped side to side during my long grocery line wait (along with the toddler in front of me, which will really boost your mood!) While waiting for my husband to finish his tests, I walked around the hospital hallways. that type of thing. It was a busy day.
Food - I had potato soup for dinner.

Day 2

Water 80
Protein 55
Exercise Yes a nice hike- weather did get a bit hot but we made it.
Plank yes
Gratitude My husband went on a hike with me. He has not been able to go out with me so, so happy he was willing and able to go out with me. We went for a bit over an hour. I go much longer without him but we had a good day. My 2nd thing is he then went gambling so this left me home alone for a chunk of time. This was nice I got the house cleaned with my Audio book on very loud. then watched some taped Tv shows. Just a very nice day.

Day 2
Tracking -
nope, but the goal is more days than not, so I'm okay
Water - 32 oz plain.
Gratitude -
Yesterday I was grateful for my espresso machine lol You think I'm kidding but I had to go for fasting blood work so I stopped for a latte. It turns out chain coffee shops do not really have good espresso beans. And even worse, that pumpkin spice has 1 MILLION CALORIES!! I only got 1 pump. When I looked it up, I threw it away. One pump is a quarter of a million calories!! Today, I am drinking my 72 calorie high protein, high quality morning latte as we speak. :p
Movement - All day. I didn't set aside 15 minutes. I stepped side to side during my long grocery line wait (along with the toddler in front of me, which will really boost your mood!) While waiting for my husband to finish his tests, I walked around the hospital hallways. that type of thing. It was a busy day.
Food - I had potato soup for dinner.
Missy, if you are craving pumpkin spice in your coffee, international Delight has a zero sugar creamer that is 20 calories per tablespoon. You can also get a battery operated foam maker and make your own latte!

Missy, if you are craving pumpkin spice in your coffee, international Delight has a zero sugar creamer that is 20 calories per tablespoon. You can also get a battery operated foam maker and make your own latte!
I did not know about the creamer. But I have the whole set up for lattes here; espresso machine with steamer, bean grinder, milk frother. That's why I'm so grateful for it lmao

Day 3
Protein: 86
Water: 60 oz
Movement: 3.5 miles just walking around my house!
Gratitude: I am grateful for wonderful extended family. My husbands cousins and her daughter (she was my flower girl 14 years ago!) came for dinner after coming in town for the Cardinals/Cubs game. I love them so much and we rarely see each other, but it’s always like no time has passed.
Sleep:7.5 hours

Last edited:
Tracking: Yep
Water: Yep .. it's getting easier to just drink the plain water and the flavored is already starting to seem a little too sweet.
Movement: Now that I'm really aware of movement instead of exercise, I find myself moving a lot more. It's easy to get up and just MOVE as opposed to trying to "exercise". At least it is for me.
Food: Since my kid was coming by I made individual shepherd's pies. I used the meat as an accent in mine and used a 1/2 cauliflower 1/2 potato mix for the mashed topping. It was excellent and I got in 6 veggies!
Gratitude: I am grateful for my son and his girlfriend. They come over every Sunday for D, D & D (dinner, dungeons and dragons!). While I honestly. don't get the whole point of D&D (it's weird) , they love it and I love them. And they act out the parts, which cracks me up. Its like your kids putting on a play for you but .. they're grown (supposedly LOL) I like that our relationship has grown past family and into friends. And I'm grateful he found a girl who really supports that and him. It was a great night.

Sunday day 2

I have decided that I will give myself one day off a week if I choose and most likely it will be Sunday. So yesterday no tracking and no exercise. If I can do this successfully and get right back the next day to tracking, my hope is that it will be a learning experience for me.

Gratitude: I am so grateful my daughter has been prescribed new medication and so far it is doing quite well. I had tried telling her for a long time that the medication she had been on was not the right one. You can't just treat depression only in someone who has bipolar disorder as it will activate mania and also can led to suicidal ideation. Turns out the doctor only had her down as being depressed and not bipolar, so that has been corrected.

Back