• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

October 30 day (+1) Challenge

Day 6
Tracking - yes
Water - 20 oz plain - I made extra iced coffee, thinking I'd keep it for a few days HA! The lies I tell myself .. too funny lol
Gratitude - I am grateful for this support group and all of you. I was discussing what you need after WLS with my husband and I was like find a support group (but not mine lol) And started explaining why it's so important. And realized how much this group has really kept me on track and focused. And sane .. ish. ;)
Movement - yes, I worked a little with my 5lb weights and did some jumping jacks .. I'm not in as good of shape as I thought. Jumping jacks are no joke when you're over 50!!
Food - Leftover soup for lunch and I filled half my dinner plate with green beans first.

Wednesday Day 6

I confess, I messed up yesterday. I wasn't feeling great and just did whatever. Feeling better today but not tracking. I will get back tracking tomorrow. Today I exercised twice as much as usual, so made up for yesterday not exercising.

Gratitude: I am grateful for the great team of doctors I have. I had a scare yesterday when we got a letter that we might have to switch our primary. My husband called and it wasn't true. Besides Medicare we have Tricare For Life as my husband is retired military. The letter was for Tricare Prime members which is different than ours. Thank goodness! I love my primary doctor!

I was at my cardiologist whom I love too. We had a discussion about weight regain for patients after WLS. She didn't sugarcoat it but she was helpful. She also suggested I speak to my primary about switching my SSRI medication from Paxil to one of the other ones that can still help my panic attacks. She said Paxil is the worst for weight gain at of all the other choices and the Paxil is fighting against me. I don't have an appointment with my primary until January but I might decide to see him sooner.

Day 7
Tracking - no
Water - no
Gratitude - I was grateful for some time home, alone, to do absolutely nothing. I did not feel good yesterday, so my husband went up to see my mom and I just stayed home, curled up on the couch and read. He probably went because I am a giant baby when I don't feel good but .. whatever works ;)
Movement - no
Food - no.

Today is a new day people! :p

Thurs day 7

No tracking but I did twice as much exercise.

I had my flu shot yesterday and for the first time I got the high dose one instead of the regular one. I had the same reaction to it like I did to the Covid vaccine. Fever, body aches, headache, nausea and vomiting. I had a telehealth appt with my CPAP doctor earlier today and he agreed it was a reaction to the shot since I am now feeling only minor symptoms and don't have any coughing or difficulty breathing. So my gratitude today is for vaccines. I would rather put up with a sleepless night than to get the illness the vaccine is for.

Speaking of my CPAP machine, I can go off it now. YAY!! Another thing to be grateful for!!

Day 7

Water: 80 oz
Food: Dinner salad, hummus snack, close to 50 g protein
Movement: 15 min walk
Gratitude: Hubby & I were outside when we heard a marching band. Went up the street & caught our University's Homecoming parade. What a fun & unexpected surprise. Love us some Marshall University football! ❤❤❤

Thurs day 7

I had my flu shot yesterday and for the first time I got the high dose one instead of the regular one. I had the same reaction to it like I did to the Covid vaccine. Fever, body aches, headache, nausea and vomiting. I had a telehealth appt with my CPAP doctor earlier today and he agreed it was a reaction to the shot since I am now feeling only minor symptoms and don't have any coughing or difficulty breathing. So my gratitude today is for vaccines. I would rather put up with a sleepless night than to get the illness the vaccine is for.

Speaking of my CPAP machine, I can go off it now. YAY!! Another thing to be grateful for!!
Sorry about your reaction to the high dose vaccine. Hubby got his Tues, also the 1st time for the high dose flu vaccine. Luckily he had no reaction to that or his tetanus vax in the other arm.

Woohoo Yay about no more C-PAP. A HUGE NSV for you!!! ❤❤

Sorry about your reaction to the high dose vaccine. Hubby got his Tues, also the 1st time for the high dose flu vaccine. Luckily he had no reaction to that or his tetanus vax in the other arm.

Woohoo Yay about no more C-PAP. A HUGE NSV for you!!! ❤❤
Thanks Karen. It could be that my immune system reacts quickly these days after having sepsis last year. I've never had a problem with the regular flu shot except a sore arm.

Thurs day 7

Congrats on getting off the CPAP. Sorry you are not feeling well but better than the real thing

Day 8
Protein
: 91
Water: 55 oz
Movement: 2.5 miles through the day
Gratitude: I am grateful for my middle sister. She’s 7 years older than me so we didn’t have a close relationship while I was growing up. We’ve gotten closer over the past few years, and it’s been fun. We had lunch today and went thrift shopping.
Sleep: 8 hours then one of our cats rudely decided to position himself on my chest and give my face a bath LOL guess he was telling me I’d slept enough

Last edited:
Day 8
Water 65
Protein 60
Exercise Yes
Plank yes
Gratitude I am grateful for the "disabled people I work with" I had a bad meeting today. I was a bit upset after. One of our ladys (blind) asked me what was wrong. I nothing she said you can't lie to me I know something is wrong. "Blind people just know" Well then she said give me your ear I have to tell you something. She love bad words I will whisper bad words to her when she is getting upset. ( this will make her laugh and she will get over it) So she told me more bad words than I know as she knows spanish also so in english and spanish she had to of said 20 bad words. this had her laughing so hard her face was red and I had to tell her to breath. Well how can you not be happy after that? My people make me remember to have fun in life and not to get too upset over things.

Tracking - no
Water - yes
Gratitude - Met my friend for lunch. I've known her since I was a freshman in HS, so I'm very grateful that we've stayed friends and I have her in my life.
Movement - no
Food
- Beef Bourguignon. So onion, carrot, mashed potato and green beans. I don't add mushrooms as they taste like dirt.

Day 8

Food: 30 g protein, Chef's salad and Wendy's chili so lots of veggies & beans
Movement: not much, but just found out there's a stationary bike in our apartment bldg. Looks like I'll be peddling away this fall & winter during bad weather.
Gratitude: Our building has started a choir, and they performed last evening. What beautiful music, full of praise and worship. It was so uplifting, and the harmonies were lovely.

Day 8

Food: 30 g protein, Chef's salad and Wendy's chili so lots of veggies & beans
Movement: not much, but just found out there's a stationary bike in our apartment bldg. Looks like I'll be peddling away this fall & winter during bad weather.
Gratitude: Our building has started a choir, and they performed last evening. What beautiful music, full of praise and worship. It was so uplifting, and the harmonies were lovely.
Oh, and btw the management served refreshments, cupcakes and other goodies afterwards. I walked right past & went straight up to my apartment. I wasn't a bit tempted. Yay, another NSV!!!

Day 9
Protein
: 88
Water: 55 oz-need to do better tomorrow
Movement: 2.29 miles through the day, shopping, a little cleaning
Gratitude: I am grateful for my eldest sister. She’s 10 years older than me and she’s been through a lot the past few years. It’s hard seeing someone you love in so much pain.
Sleep: 9 hours

Last edited:
Back