• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

October 30 day (+1) Challenge

Happy Birthday, Karen! Glad you had a great day, even without cake lol

Day 30

October is officially over for me at this point lol I can't seem to keep up with my challenge goals. Although, I'm not doing badly weight-wise, I hoped for more self motivation than I have managed. In my head, I was going to take an hour out of every day to exercise, plan veggie based meals (and cook them ) all while being grateful for the beauty in each day.

In reality, I have a lot going on, I'm tired and am mostly grateful only when the day is finally done. So, I'm going to have to make slightly more realistic goals for myself and who I am as a human being. I don't really want to roast veggies every few days, to work out every day or to give up my flavored water. So, I haven't and that's fine too.

Well I'm ready for the November challenge! I'm challenging myself not to bow out this time, not under any circumstances! You guys better hold me to it too! No holiday excuses, no medical excuses, no whining, no nothing! Give Diane a stick and let her beat me over the head with it! Well that may be a little over the top, but she can poke me or something.:p

Day 31
Protein
: 60
Water: 64 oz
Movement: yes
Grateful: I am grateful for Octobers challenge! It’s been good making sure I’m staying on track. I’m planning on doing Novembers challenge and modifying my goals.

Just a thought for next month. I'd really like to add a category of "planned meal" (proactive) vs just "tracking food afterwards" (reactive). I've been thinking about this ever since Diane posted a comment about this recently. It might give each other some meal ideas, depending how in depth we get with this. Of course we won't judge if any of us choose not to include this info.

I'm still tracking & keeping up with my water, food, movement, etc. I'm really trying to increase my protein levels (protein shakes for now, better meal planning soon!) and adding carbs bc my carb intake is almost 0g.

I had an appt with my PCP Tues & my bariatric team Wed. My weight loss is right on track according to them (44 lbs since July 12 surgery!!!), but I need to up my calories to 1100 calories, plus the above mention of more protein & carbs.

Good luck everyone.

What Diane said about the food plan instead of tracking hit home to me as well. I started off this morning with a new Steno Pad notebook. On one side I am writing down my food plan for the day which includes healthy snacks such as fruits & veggies. On the other side I will right down what I actually ate. At the bottom of the page I write my daily to do list.

Feel free to make your entry into this thread to include any category that you would like. There are no set rules, only the inspiration to challenge yourself and be accountable to you.

Glad to hear that you had a good checkup with your PCP Karen!

Day 28

Water:
86 oz
Protein: 60g
Movement: not much
Gratitude: my sweet supportive husband who stood by me while I got our apartment ready for an Inspection. I was short tempered bc of the stress; he patiently just let me be a less nice version of myself, and accepted my apology afterwards with grace.

I'm celebrating a b'day Saturday, so I probably won't be tracking much, but Monday starts a new month so I'll be back to tracking again.

I hope you had a wonderful Birthday Karen!

Day 31

Water:
80 oz
Food: Protein 50g
Movement: not much
Gratitude: I am always grateful for the month of October. It has its ups and downs weather-wise, and it's the month I lost my mother & brother, but it ends with my birthday.

It also is such a beautiful month, and it feels like God gives us this beauty to fill our hearts, minds, and souls before the dreariness of winter.

Well I'm ready for the November challenge! I'm challenging myself not to bow out this time, not under any circumstances! You guys better hold me to it too! No holiday excuses, no medical excuses, no whining, no nothing! Give Diane a stick and let her beat me over the head with it! Well that may be a little over the top, but she can poke me or something.:p

LOL, I am right there with you Kathi! Diane, get that stick ready. We will make you the honorary Catholic Nun with a ruler!!! :D

What Diane said about the food plan instead of tracking hit home to me as well. I started off this morning with a new Steno Pad notebook. On one side I am writing down my food plan for the day which includes healthy snacks such as fruits & veggies. On the other side I will right down what I actually ate. At the bottom of the page I write my daily to do list.

Feel free to make your entry into this thread to include any category that you would like. There are no set rules, only the inspiration to challenge yourself and be accountable to you.

Glad to hear that you had a good checkup with your PCP Karen!
That is such a good way to do this tracking. I'm gonna get my new notebook this afternoon. Thanks for the idea. And thanks for the b'day wish!

So I am grateful October is over. My good intentions went horribly bad but I will pick myself up and I'm grateful for a new month and a fresh start. And for all of you that understand the struggles.

I've spent the morning organizing myself and my goals. Getting back into using my habit tracker which I will attach in case anyone else wants to do it. If you need ideas on how to use it, check out My Level 10 Life website or YouTube videos where Erin Branscom shows how to use it.

I had a great visit with my sister. It started off a little bumpy with my daughter changing plans every two minutes which then kept changing ours but in the end my sister and I got one full day of just us. So we took a short drive to the Delaware River on the border of NY & PA to Hawk's Nest Drive. The colors are still not quite to peak, we have a very late season this year as usually the leaves are gone by Halloween. We ate brunch at the historic Waterwheel Cafe where they have a self-guided tour of the still working waterwheel and grist mill. Then we played card games later in the day, so it was fun.

Here's some pics and I've included one of my sister Barbara.

Attachments

• Habit-Tracker.pdf
    274.1 KB · Views: 83
Back