• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

October 30 day (+1) Challenge

Day 27
Protein: 40, still not eating much
Water: 64 oz
Movement: yes
Grateful: I am grateful for virtual parent teacher conferences! Between my 3 children we have parent teacher conferences split between 2 days. I’m really happy technology has brought us to the point where we can accomplish all of those without going crazy trying to rush between teachers, especially at different schools.

Day 27
Water 90
Protein 30
Exercise yes still not as much as normal but more then the day before.
Gratitude This my be wrong but I am grateful that I did not kill or say what I wanted to to people. Also that we were right. I had a provided to a member telling me we lost 6 pills. Well this is not cool we keep track and count each day have a record of all of this. We also know what dates the meds come in and how many two staff do the count. Well she keeps saying she sent in 26 we only had 20 so are 6 pills short. I was stuck working this out until 8pm last night. Well I had to get out and send a copy of all my papers. Right after 8pm the other provider get home from work and said no we only sent 20 not 26. not even a sorry. Had to here how we do not do things right and this is not okay how she will be calling the state on me. How she thinks that staff have to be taking the pill. This is not even a pill you want to steal. What a day it was.

Ugh. I had a really rough weekend, moving my mom to a new facility. Multiple dramas ensued. I ended up renting a car to make sure she got to her appt on Monday, after a "mix up" with the transport. Getting a wheelchair bound obese woman in and out of a car multiple times is no joke. If only that was all the drama lol It was utter chaos. So I took a few days to just zone out. I'll have to pick up the challenge again tomorrow.

I did make to my doctor. I was up a few pounds (3lbs) since I last saw her and not only got the lecture but was given a flyer for the programs 16 week "booster" class. I was wearing boots, a sweater and a light jacket, none of which I took off to weigh. I explained I range within 5lbs and I weighed right in the middle that morning on my own scale. When I hit the high end, I really get serious. She said I could really use to lose another 10, maybe even 20 anyway lol So that was fun.

I was glad to see you guys kept up with the challenge and are doing well. See you tomorrow, back on the wagon ;)

Ugh. I had a really rough weekend, moving my mom to a new facility. Multiple dramas ensued. I ended up renting a car to make sure she got to her appt on Monday, after a "mix up" with the transport. Getting a wheelchair bound obese woman in and out of a car multiple times is no joke. If only that was all the drama lol It was utter chaos. So I took a few days to just zone out. I'll have to pick up the challenge again tomorrow.

I did make to my doctor. I was up a few pounds (3lbs) since I last saw her and not only got the lecture but was given a flyer for the programs 16 week "booster" class. I was wearing boots, a sweater and a light jacket, none of which I took off to weigh. I explained I range within 5lbs and I weighed right in the middle that morning on my own scale. When I hit the high end, I really get serious. She said I could really use to lose another 10, maybe even 20 anyway lol So that was fun.

I was glad to see you guys kept up with the challenge and are doing well. See you tomorrow, back on the wagon ;)
That’s outrageous missy! You look fantastic.

Just a thought for next month. I'd really like to add a category of "planned meal" (proactive) vs just "tracking food afterwards" (reactive). I've been thinking about this ever since Diane posted a comment about this recently. It might give each other some meal ideas, depending how in depth we get with this. Of course we won't judge if any of us choose not to include this info.

I'm still tracking & keeping up with my water, food, movement, etc. I'm really trying to increase my protein levels (protein shakes for now, better meal planning soon!) and adding carbs bc my carb intake is almost 0g.

I had an appt with my PCP Tues & my bariatric team Wed. My weight loss is right on track according to them (44 lbs since July 12 surgery!!!), but I need to up my calories to 1100 calories, plus the above mention of more protein & carbs.

Good luck everyone.

Kathi, we miss you too! However, you do whatever it is you need to do to feel better for as long as you need to do it. We'll still be here. As long as you are getting your water and you can eat at all, your body will keep functioning. You are resilient. Inside and Out. Emotionally and Mentally. So snuggle up with Okie, catch up on all your shows with the hubs and we'll be here ready to laugh at your jokes when you get back. <3
Thanks so much! It means the world to me. Saw my cardiologist, who has me wearing an ekg thingy for at least a week. I also have an echocardiogram scheduled for November 8th. He thinks I may need to see a neurologist too as the problem may with my BP and HR may have something to do with my autonomic nervous system (just what I need). My anxiety/depression & insomnia have not improved much yet, but I am back on my old meds. It's only been a few days and these things take time. My poor husband.

Day 28
Protein
: 80+
Movement: not much
Grateful: I am grateful for my pets. I’m a huge animal lover, and all my fur babies are either rescued off the farm (literally), or adopted from rescues. I have 2 four year old Catahoula hounds, Luke and Leia, and an almost 13 year old all black cat, Grace, labeled unadoptable because she was all black and almost 11 when we brought her in to our family. We’ve also adopted 3 more cats, as kitten, Chewie (3 and partially blind), Han (2), and Jasmine (6 months). There’s a lot of fur, but also a lot of love!

Day 28
Protein
: 80+
Grateful: I am grateful for my pets. I’m a huge animal lover, and all my fur babies are either rescued off the farm (literally), or adopted from rescues. I have 2 four year old Catahoula hounds, Luke and Leia, and an almost 13 year old all black cat, Grace, labeled unadoptable because she was all black and almost 11 when we brought her in to our family. We’ve also adopted 3 more cats, as kitten, Chewie (3 and partially blind), Han (2), and Jasmine (6 months). There’s a lot of fur, but also a lot of love!
When I was a single parent, I lived with my parents for a few years to help with daycare. While living there, during a really bad rainstorm (lots of flooding) an almost completely black cat showed up on the front porch. We didn't have the heart not to make a little shelter for it and provide a bit of food and milk. Of course the cat became a house pet. My mom never intended on keeping it, so when my daughters asked for the cat's name my mom said "the cat". My youngest daughter, age 3 at the time, called the cat "The" from then on. She is now 31, and still refers to that cat as "The" when telling stories about her. Thanks for reminding me of The Cat.

Day 28

Tracking -
no, started out good .. realized we were going out, which I can never track so skipped the rest of the day
Water - yes
Gratitude - I am grateful for a REAL night out. My husband and I went to a club in downtown Chicago for a 1920's Halloween party. I could not tell you the last time I was downtown or at a "club". (and wow! times have changed lol) They had different stages with different performers; jazz singers, burlesque, acrobats etc. We had a blast. So much more fun than our usual "let's go eat" date night.
Movement- yes
Food - ahahaha.
I had a few bites of carpaccio but mostly drank my dinner. 2 espresso martinis and a glass of champagne, and I was feeling amazing.

Day 28

Water:
86 oz
Protein: 60g
Gratitude: my sweet supportive husband who stood by me while I got our apartment ready for an Inspection. I was short tempered bc of the stress; he patiently just let me be a less nice version of myself, and accepted my apology afterwards with grace.

I'm celebrating a b'day Saturday, so I probably won't be tracking much, but Monday starts a new month so I'll be back to tracking again.

Day 29

Water:
80 oz
Protein: 60g
Gratitude: for having a good life, good friends and family, good health, good and safe food, water, and a place to live, access to good medical care. So many others in this country and around the world do not have what I often take for granted. I am truly blessed.

Day 29

Tracking -
no, another day on the go.
Water - yes
Gratitude - I am grateful for the rain. I am lucky enough to live in an area that doesn't get much flooding, even when it pours. And after all the fires this year and the talk of how low the reservoirs are out west, I am happy to have it.
Movement- no
Food - Made roasted cauliflower yesterday so that is what I picked at while I was home. I AM still trying to be more veggie forward.

Attachments

• rainbow-cake760x580~3.jpg
    rainbow-cake760x580~3.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 43
Day 30
Protein
: Only tracked this morning, 23, but if I had to guess I’d be close to 80 for the day
Grateful: I am grateful for my small but amazing group of friends. There are 5 of us that text almost daily, been friends with them for 28 years, and I love them all like sisters. They’re the kind of friends who you don’t get to see often, but when you do, you pick up like no time has passed.

Back