• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

October 30 day (+1) Challenge

Tracking - yes
Water - yes
Gratitude - I FORGOT ME MONDAY! So, today I am grateful for my ability to change and adapt. I have had several changes (as we all have) during the past 2 years, many of them good but many more, not so good. But they have all required adaptations to make my life work. And I'm proud that I have taken those steps to change, rather than continuing on with the same behaviors.
Movement- yes
Food -
I made my salad for dinner last night with a honey lime dressing recipe I got from an old weight watchers cookbook. I further cut down fat and calories by sub. 1/2 of the light mayo with Greek yogurt.

Tracking no
Gratitude I have been on vacation to see my younger son whom I have not seen in over a year. Went to Massachusetts where I have never been before. Had so much fun we did a lot picked apples, dug for potatoes, walked on a cold beach by the ocean, saw plymouth rock and so on and so on. Had so much fun. Happy to say I lost some weight. Had some seafood it was good. Did not feel that best after but it was still good. Now my favorite part the day I came home had to get right back to work from the airport (things going on) But I get a call from my son and his girlfriend when they got home for work telling me they both missed me. Well I did clean there place and did some cooking for them and gave them some money and extra food in the house.

Also still so happy all the bad stuff that is going on with work is not even that bad. I am guessing moms of kids you do not see often will get this.

Day 19

Water: 64 oz
Food: 60g protein
Movement: abt 20 min walking
Gratitude: found a new high protein, no carb snack at Sam's Club in the salad dressing section. Parmesan Crisps: 100% cheese, 160 calories for 16 crisps, 13g protein, crispy baked savory texture. I don't need to do too much snacking of course, but this is proving to be just what I need. Yay!

Day 20
Protein
: 96
Water: 48 oz
Movement: yes
Gratitude: I am grateful for my momma! It’s her 80th birthday today and even though we’ve had our difficult times, I love her very much. Today we went and watched my sister pledge her last reenlistment to the Illinois Air National Guard-she been in for 26 years! Then we all went to lunch to celebrate them both.
I won’t be tracking sleep for tonight because I have to stay up with my son so he’s sleep deprived for his EEG in the morning. I also did my bi weekly weigh in today because when I do wake up tomorrow, I’ll be in no mood to get on the scale LOL
Biweekly weigh in: 173.2-new low

Tracking no
Gratitude I have been on vacation to see my younger son whom I have not seen in over a year. Went to Massachusetts where I have never been before. Had so much fun we did a lot picked apples, dug for potatoes, walked on a cold beach by the ocean, saw plymouth rock and so on and so on. Had so much fun. Happy to say I lost some weight. Had some seafood it was good. Did not feel that best after but it was still good. Now my favorite part the day I came home had to get right back to work from the airport (things going on) But I get a call from my son and his girlfriend when they got home for work telling me they both missed me. Well I did clean there place and did some cooking for them and gave them some money and extra food in the house.

Also still so happy all the bad stuff that is going on with work is not even that bad. I am guessing moms of kids you do not see often will get this.
So happy for you that you were able to see your son and his girlfriend. It's hard when they live so far away normally but with the pandemic it is so much harder. Sorry you had to rush right back to work but sure glad those happy memories are with you!

Judy, let me say with much love, get back to business, girl! There are a lot of challenges in your life, but nothing that would prevent you from tracking. Stop beating yourself up. You come FIRST! Track your food, even if you can't eat right. You deserve success, and turning your attention to yourself is the first step.

To be loved by others, you first must love yourself!

Day 20

Tracking -
no
Water - no
Gratitude -
I am grateful for my clean house. I mean, yes, I cleaned it but MAN! Is there anything better than sitting in a freshly cleaned house with the windows open?!?
Movement- yes
Food -
no, I had one of those not really hungry days. I don't think I ate a meal at all. Just took a few bites of whatever as the day passed. Yogurt, cottage cheese, a few almonds.

Day 20

Water:
80 oz
Food: 40g protein, Chinese food with good balance of meat & veggies
Movement: 30 min walk to the park & back - felt really good
Tracking: yes
Gratitude: I'm so glad to have mild fall weather lasting this far into October. We have yet to have our 1st frost, temps in the daytime have been in the 60s & 70s, and the skies have been (mostly) that incredible shade of October blue. I'm just not ready to leave behind summertime & green leaves yet.

Day 21

Tracking -
yes
Water - yes
Gratitude - I am grateful for my aunt, who instilled in me a love of reading. She passed Dec. of 2019, but I still read "our series" every time a new book comes out. It reminds me of her and our shared love of reading. I
Movement- no
Food - It's a good thing potatoes are a vegetable, since mashed potatoes were my dinner.

I kinda dropped the ball on the challenge. Things just got too much for me, I was overwhelmed by everything. I haven't been tracking, but pretty much eating the same stuff every day and drinking lots of water. If anything, I'm not eating enough, a problem I never thought I'd have. I've been spending too much time in bed or curled up on my recliner watching TV with my hubby just trying to feel better. It will be weeks before my meds reach a therapeutic dose. I sure do miss "me". Feel free to comment Diane, I know you love me.

I kinda dropped the ball on the challenge. Things just got too much for me, I was overwhelmed by everything. I haven't been tracking, but pretty much eating the same stuff every day and drinking lots of water. If anything, I'm not eating enough, a problem I never thought I'd have. I've been spending too much time in bed or curled up on my recliner watching TV with my hubby just trying to feel better. It will be weeks before my meds reach a therapeutic dose. I sure do miss "me". Feel free to comment Diane, I know you love me.
Kathi, I love you and totally understand. You've been through hell lately.

I'll say only what I always say: breathe. It sounds like nothing, but people actually stop breathing correctly when stressors overwhelm them.

Take as much time as you need, but always with your health at the top of your mind. Read positive stories and repeat positive sayings. Buy some flowers or a houseplant that symbolize life and growth. Cry when you need to.

Imagine all of us here encircling you with love. Keep us close, and we'll do the same.

{{{{{{{ Kathi }}}}}}}}

Kathi, we miss you too! However, you do whatever it is you need to do to feel better for as long as you need to do it. We'll still be here. As long as you are getting your water and you can eat at all, your body will keep functioning. You are resilient. Inside and Out. Emotionally and Mentally. So snuggle up with Okie, catch up on all your shows with the hubs and we'll be here ready to laugh at your jokes when you get back. <3

Day 22

Tracking -
no
Water - yes

Gratitude - I am grateful for the health care workers. The pandemic hit us with the feels for health care workers, but really, they are out there every day just taking care of people. Injured kids, old people, mentally ill people, sick and crabby people, and probably even some nice people. it's hard to take care of the people you LOVE. Their dedication to strangers is awe inspiring. So, if YOU happen to be a HCW .. thank you for your love of humanity. It's a beautiful thing.

Movement - yes, I hit all my steps and got 32 "zone" minutes.
Food - Well .. lol I made a new dish, which I was going to try over spaghetti squash instead of pasta for even more veggies. I cooked my spaghetti squash in the slow cooker, (too long apparently), because it was disgusting mush. And the food it was supporting was also really not very good. So, long story .. less long .. I ordered pizza. Does pizza sauce count as my RDA of veggies? lol

Day 22
Water 96
Protein 20
Exercise yes
Plank no
Gratitude for my hubby again. It was a hard day. Blood draw today to be at 1015. Got there was told it would now need to be at 230pm. Now I only have had water all day and this is still all I get. Get back again at 215 to be told it will be more like 3pm. So I just stayed my hubby who drove me went back to work.
Came back to get me after my 335 blood draw. I need to be in the count at work by the time I get back. He did make my food for me and helped cover so I could eat 2 bites and then get sick.
I ate again at 9pm after I got home not even one egg got sick again. Went to Bed.
When I get up for a new day my face is all swelled up. I have no idea why. Have been up for 5 hours still very puffy. Can drink still can't eat. I have no idea if one has anything to do with the other or not. Will try a short walk and see what happens

Back