• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

October 30 day (+1) Challenge

Tracking - yes
Water - yes
Gratitude - I am grateful for my mother. We have our issues and she has really pushed the limits of my patience and understanding the past few months. I know not being able to walk or be home is making her crazy .. so she in turn makes me crazy lol Yesterday I grabbed her from her room and we went out the gazebo and played Yahtzee. We just chatted and laughed. I think this is the first time we've just hung out without her making a million ridiculous requests in months. So, I let her know that I had a great day spending time with her.
Movement - yes
Food -
I keep forgetting to add this one. I am really trying to add more vegetables/plant based meals to my diet. I made chicken tortilla soup, lots of beans, lots of tomatoes, onions some corn and chicken as an accent not the main ingredient.

Thursday - Day 14

Tracking -
No, it was hubby's birthday and I overindulged I'm afraid to say.
Exercise/Movement - No
Gratitude - I am grateful for my husband of 47 years! He has been a wonderful husband, when we disagree most often we wind up laughing. I can probably count the times of a major disagreement on one hand with fingers to spare!

Day 14

Water:
80 oz
Protein/Food: 50g; found Dry Roasted Edamame & other high protein and/or low calorie savory snacks. Yay!
Movement: Spent close to an hour going through Kroger's, plus pushing, loading & unloading the buggy (translation: shopping cart, y'all LOL) full of Progresso soups on sale for .99, half price. Stocked up for fall & winter soup weather.
Gratitude: I am so very thankful to have access to a variety of delicious, nutritious food that can easily be taken for granted when so many people here & around the world suffer daily from hunger and food insecurity. Dear Lord, Thank you for this blessing. Amen. ❤❤

Day 15

Water:
80 oz
Food: not much in bc not much out
Movement: ditto
Gratitude: Our apartment bldg has a monthly karaoke evening run by a volunteer. It was such a nice way to spend 3 hours, and it felt so good to see everyone relaxed and smiling, forgetting their cares and worries for a short time.

We celebrated one man's birthday with cake & ice cream. Another lady who almost passed away after a stroke returned from death's door and even managed to sing several songs. She testified about feeling the Lord's hand on her, bringing her back from her last breath. What a blessing & privilege to spend such an evening with others.

Last edited:
Day 15
Protein
: 66
Water: 48 oz
Movement: YES! Plus a lot of heart racing watching my son play roller hockey
Gratitude: I am grateful for bonding with my daughter
Sleep: 8 hours
I used to love watching my daughters do sports. They both were on swim teams from grade school. My older daughter joined cross country track and rugby in high school! I loved every minute of it.

Day 15

Water:
80 oz
Food: not much in bc not much out
Movement: ditto
Gratitude: Our apartment bldg has a monthly karaoke evening run by a volunteer. It was such a nice way to spend 3 hours, and it felt so good to see everyone relaxed and smiling, forgetting their cares and worries for a short time.

We celebrated one man's birthday with cake & ice cream. Another lady who almost passed away after a stroke returned from death's door and even managed to sing several songs. She testified about feeling the Lord's hand on her bringing her back from her last breath. What a blessing & privilege to spend such an evening with others.
I love to sing, unfortunately I was blessed with a voice that should never be heard outside my own company. I try to limit it to the car when I am riding solo!

Last edited:
October Day 16

Calories
: 538
Protein: 84
Water: 70 oz
Exercise: None today
Gratitude: Today I'm grateful for that after the fire alarm went off when cooking dinner and we opened all the doors and windows to air the place out, four hours later a stranger knocked on the door to return Okie, who had escaped during the chaos. He was so so excited it was impossible to be upset with him. We were just so glad he made it back in one piece!

Uh oh, I think I've not checked in for a couple of days, or at least it feels like that.

I am getting back to tracking today. A little life disruption happened. Looks like my daughter is moving back in again but doing it slowly and on good terms with the boyfriend, so I am grateful for that. Her meds are helping so things are on a more even keel. She doesn't want to leave the boyfriend in a lurch with his 4th grader and not have someone to watch him, so for now they are easing into the separation.

I have to learn to not let this derail me. So getting my journal back out and tracking again. It isn't easy as I am so distractible, but I am trying.

Day 16
missed yesterday. sorry!
Tracking - no
Water - I only had 40oz all day but they were all plain ol' water!
Gratitude - I am grateful for my husbands old boss, who took a chance on my husband and has given my husband free rein to implement his ideas. He and his wife had us over for dinner last night to celebrate my husbands new promotion.
Movement - none extra, as it was a very busy day anyway
Food - As I mentioned we went to my husbands coworkers home for dinner, but I made sure to eat all my veggies before anything else.

Day 17

Tracking -
no
Water - no
Gratitude - I am grateful for the weather. We sat outside for a bit yesterday, just looking at the changing leaves. There was one tree that had only a few leaves left at the very top. The breeze was twisting them in such a way it looked like the top of the tree was covered in butterflies. OR my eyesight has really gone to crap lol
Movement - yes
Food - UGH! My MIL came for dinner and requested stuffed shells. Which .. YUM! But between that, the dinner with the boss and the chocolate chip cookies I baked for dessert for both nights, I am waaay off track. Salad for dinner tonight though. With a homemade, healthy dressing.

Day 17

Water:
64 oz
Food: 30g
Exercise: Sam's Club about 1.5 hours, plus loading & unloading so lots of movement
Gratitude: So glad to spend time with my BFF. Being able to walk all around Sam's club like a young 'un was the best. I didn't need to stop or slow down, and we talked the whole time so I definitely appreciated not being out of breath!!!

Day 18

Tracking -
no
Water - yes
Gratitude - I am grateful my husband started the process for WLS. During testing they have found a few issues that need further testing. He would never have agreed to the further testing if it wasn't mandatory for approval. So, this journey may well actually save his life.
Movement - no
Food - no. I got home super late last night and didn't want to make my super healthy salad so I ate left over stuffed shells (still YUM!) and cookies. Apparently, I cannot resist homemade chocolate chip cookies. Fortunately, they are gone. Or unfortunately since they didn't go in the garbage, they went to my belly (and probably hips lol)

Back