• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

ok, now I am FREAKING OUT!

Went to the pre op appt. today. And I know its all the formality. But it's scarry stuff!! AND... Nobody told me about the fun night before treatment I have to do! Cleaning out the poopies... UGH! NOT looking forward to that. Part of me is thinking "why am I putting myself thru this????" "I am healthy what if I come out worse than I am" Crazy! Wow! Ok, so yes I am now officially full of nerves! Only 5 more days to D day!

Crystal,

You are not alone we all went through this. For me it was the the first time I had been in the hospital for anything bigger than bumps and bruises when I had been run down by a pick up truck in Long View, Texas on my bicycle one time. But the name of the town where that happened, Long View has stuck with me ever since. So my advice is let the medicos do their medico things and get it behind you and take the Long View.

My surgery is in two days and my dr did not tell me to clean myself out. Now im concerned its sat and cant call him, does anyone think i should buy something over the counter today or tomarro please help!

He just said to stay on the liquid diet for the two week, nothing to eat or drink after midnite nite before surgery but nothing about cleaning out. Dont know???

I did not have a clean out. I had to do all clear liquids before the surgery and everything went fine. I would suggest you not use any over the counter meds as they may decide to postpone the procedure because some meds do not mix well. Just do exactly what you are told by your team. Every person has a slightly different program it is just best to follow that which you were given.

Best of luck to both of you

You are going to be fine, Crysral. For me it's clear liquids. I don't think I will have much poop in me. My colonoscopy this Monday will pretty much clean me out. Then I start my 2 week pre op liquid protein diet. My surgeon put orders in for my after surgery meds plus a stool softener for possible constipation after surgery. Funny, the pills were free but, apparently I have to pay to poop. :\ I will keep you in my prayers

Believe me its the trying to go after surgery, is were all the fun is. good luck with that. Drink your fluids.

Back