• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

One year anniversary from having Gastric Bypass Surgery

That's correct Ladybicknase, I'm so afraid to put a slice of bread to my lips, or a piece of candy. I know I am not ready for that yet, nor may I never be or have the urge. These types of food items almost destroyed me. I would consume so much of high-carb items, that I blew up to become moribly obese. They are "trigger" foods and I'm aware of that now. I know as an addict, if I have a taste of high carbs, I will not be able to control myself, therefore, I've stayed true blue and on track because life is much better now than it has been in a very long time.

Peace, Linney

Me too! BJ's I buy a case of 24 at a time. It's usually my breakfast.

EAS.... I don't think I have heard about that. I am 10 months out and have lost 89 pounds. The somewhat unusal thing about my surgery is that I was 67 y/o when it was done. All reading have a great day !

Thats wonderful its been a year and a month since my surgery and I have lost 144 so far and Im so happy i have more to go but it getting harder having trouble cause i can tolerate more food and its getting scary

Don't be afraid, stay on the track you're on and keep doing what you're doing. You'll be fine, just be mindful of what's going in you and remember to exercise always....stay well!

Hi RP.After the first year things slow down a little and yes some of us can tolerate foods that we could not at first nut remember to eat your protien first, no water for about 30-45 mins after your meal and everything in moderation, our pouch's are still small so it will still feal uncomfortable to eat to much. hang in there you will do fine. :cool: Tom

Congratulations on you're terrific accomplishment, and for sharing you're inspirational story with us. I've just started my journey, but I hope to match you within 1 year. Life is definitely good.

Eric

Linney, thanks for taking the time and sharing your success with us newbies who are hungry (pun intended) for good news post-op!

Hi Linney!! Congrats!! I printed out your advice and will post it on the fridge!! My surgery is coming up on Nov. 13th. You are a fabulous inspiration to all of us!! Thanks!!

Wonderful!

Hi There,

I'm so happy that I have given you the inspiration you need to move forward on this journey. Remember, it's one day at a time. Stay focused, meditate, exercise, stay in a positive frame of mind, and keep visualizing what your end result will be. If you stay on the straight and narrow on this journey, you will certainly succeed!

Please stay in touch with me and let me know if you need any additional support!

Linney xxoo:cool:

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your kudos, I appreciate it very much! I want to let you know it's been 1.5 years post-op, and I've reached goal! I lost a total of 200 pounds in 13 months! I'm so pleased with my new and improved body! Not only am I smaller than I've ever been in my entire 51 years of life, but I was given this tool in order to live out the remaining years of my life to be healthy, free, and happy! Peace and Hugs to all of you!

Linney xxoo

Linney,
You are an inspiration so much that i had a happy tear come to my eye reading your entry! I am about to have my surgery in 8 days and can't wait to start my journey to my healthy happy life and seeing my body transform into a smaller more fit body. I haven't been a small person since i was a child. Such good news to read everyones success and know that i can have the same success is so exciting. Thank you for giving everyone encouragement and i am so glad you are living your best life ever! Michele

Hi Michelle!

I'm thrilled that you are encouraged! Please stay with that thought process! Be excited that soon you will be transformed into the woman you were meant to be! Try to buy just a few pairs of slacks and shirts that are on sale of course. I already been through numerous wardrobes, beginning with Size 4X to the XL. Some I gave to Goodwill, others I gave to co-workers that are trying to lose weight, and some to other organizations in need of clothing. I am now a Size 4! A size 6 is too big on me....For the first time in 26 years I bought a bathing suit, which was a Size Small. You will be a success as long as you follow the directions of your Nutritionalist, your Surgeon, and the Support Group Meetings. We have issues with food and for the first time in my life, food is not my first love anymore, life has become a priority and reaquainting myself to the new me! May the peace and love of this journey guide you on your day to day lessons!

Good for you and you look great. Question, do you have loose skin. I hate my body I look anorexic, i mean my goal weight was 140, and today im 114, way to thin. I just cant gain back 10-15 lbs. I dont regret having the surgery as I am the healthiest ive ever been since i was 16 years old. No more sleep apnea, diabeties meds, asthma, and arthritius. I can actually run to the park with the boys. I could barely walk two years ago cuz my knees and ankles would swell in pain. I just dont like the loose skin on my breasts, butt, and thighs. Its hard for me to look myself in the mirror. And to top it off my husband left me a month ago telling me that he will never forgive me for having the surgery, that he misses the old me when we used to go out and eat meals and just lay on the couch for hours watching tv. He hates that ive become so active, and making healthy meals and not buying junk food. He would tell me that just because im on a diet doesnt mean the entire family has to diet. I was just trying to help us all eat right as a family. Well this surgery and me taking care of myself first,and my relationship to the side has made my husband look at me different and he is no longer attracted to me physically, he likes me thick. Like I said I do want to gain 10-15lbs, but I will never be at the weight that my husband was attracted too. I don't even want too. It just hurts that my husband doesn't find me attractive. Since my surgery from June last year, w have only been intimate maybe 5 times. We have just been so distant. He just said all the changes with the drastic weight loss turned him off. =(

lortiz25: Well, I think you're beautiful, and I haven't even seen a picture! And a big wet raspberry to hubby who would rather sit on the couch and eat. Take care of yourself first!

Loritz-I posted a reply to your other post but I would also like to respond in a similar manner here. I don't know the ages of your children but if they aren't old enough to help prepare meals to their liking there is no reason that hubby couldn't have chipped in with the preperation and even the shopping. All I can say is that HE made a choice to leave because YOU made a choice to get healthier. So which one of you has their head on straight? It's you, hands down. You mentioned that you look anorexic. If you are really that thin and need to gain a few pounds to be healthy then do it. But do it for YOU, not for the person who walked out on you and the family. Get help from your doctor(s) to gain the necessary weight back. I'm sorry that you are alone only because it sounds like you miss him but you still have to ask yourself if your health is more important than his wanting you to be "thick" for him. I think you know the right answer. We're here to support you.

Loritz, My heart goes out to you. Again you did nothing wrong. What you have done was get healthy and in doing that helped every one in your home eat healthier, if he does not want to be healthy then he has issues he needs to work on, I can see you still love him very much and can't see how he could react like this and personally I can't either. Take care of your self and talk with your doctor about a meal plan that will help you maintain your desired weight and even if family counciling didn'yt help your husban please continue to go to counciling for yourself to help with the pain you are feeling from your husbands actions. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :cool: Tom

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your kudos, I appreciate it very much! I want to let you know it's been 1.5 years post-op, and I've reached goal! I lost a total of 200 pounds in 13 months! I'm so pleased with my new and improved body! Not only am I smaller than I've ever been in my entire 51 years of life, but I was given this tool in order to live out the remaining years of my life to be healthy, free, and happy! Peace and Hugs to all of you!

Linney xxoo
So I found this old post from you but it's not your first post. Still, it tells your story.

So you were here when Pat was here. I have read all her recipes and have wondered how she's doing these days.

I think you'll find the people here are extremely well-informed and also inspired in their Journeys. There are many success stories, even in the 19 months I've been here. One member after another member after another member has taking the same journey and been supported and encouraged. Just as bariatric surgery has advanced and the nutrition along with it, the early knowledge of surgery candidates has grown by Leaps and Bounds. I hope you will take some time to read some of our postings here. There are some extremely intelligent, well-informed people here who constitute this incredible group that has helped so many people.

Really glad to see you!

Back